Suggestions for version to roll back to? Currently on 6.10.

Which way do I go, forward or backward? 

Currently on 6.10 and the last few releases have (for me) been plagued with too many issues (most notably two BSODs in two days) and I'm finding myself wanting to roll back to a previous release. Any suggestions for which version? Or should I take a chance on 6.11?

• Level 5*

It's no harder to roll back to a previous version from 6.11 than from 6.10,  so I'd say give it a go - it seems to be a (small) step up from the previous version.  Failing that you might want to look at 6.7.5 which I think a few folks opted for...  get some more opinions first though;  I'm on 6.11 so no direct experience or preference for another version.  Downdating is just a matter of backing up your database folder and uninstalling the current version / reinstalling the previous one.

Just in case - the link on this page is for that version...

• Level 5*
34 minutes ago, freyja313 said:

Or should I take a chance on 6.11?

Per @gazumped I'd give 6.11 a look first.  If you don't like that, most folks seem to go to 6.7.5 or 6.5.4.

FWIW, 6.11 seems to have some editor improvements and some speed improvements.  Still has the Chrome PDF viewer though and the big green button.

13 hours ago, freyja313 said:

Which way do I go, forward or backward? 

Currently on 6.10 and the last few releases have (for me) been plagued with too many issues (most notably two BSODs in two days) and I'm finding myself wanting to roll back to a previous release. Any suggestions for which version? Or should I take a chance on 6.11?

I've been back on 6.7.5 for a while now after the 6.8 fiasco (for me at least and the PDF viewer). I find 6.7 to do what I need it to do at this time.

• Level 5

I've also stayed with 6.5.4. I think it was the last one before they upgraded the table features, which gave every note huge margins. I thought I'd wait and see if they sorted that, but instead each release seems to have something new broken. Maybe it's just because I'm so used to it, but I don't find any problems in 6.5.4.

Some time back @dconnet posted some info in another thread about a lot of reprogramming needing to be done after switching to a different Chromium framework:

I wonder whether that change is also responsible for some of the other issues in recent releases.

2 hours ago, dvgibson10 said:

I just rolled back to 6.5.4 because I did not have any others to roll back too. It had several feature failures but not as bad as 6.10. Where do you get older versions if you didn't happen to keep them locally? 

Filehippo.com

works for me.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Dave-in-Decatur said:

I wonder whether that change is also responsible for some of the other issues in recent releases.

It's never the change, it's the changees.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback all! I've been on 6.11 since making my original post but I'm throwing in the towel on it and rolling back to an earlier version (still haven't decided which yet). I simply CANNOT with the forgetful focus/cursor thing that is occurring in the last two releases. Without testing my theory in depth, I have noticed that this bug appears to be limited to notes that are visible within the client as opposed to notes opened in a separate window, but since I do most of my editing within the client this is currently a deal breaker for me until it gets fixed. 

Archived