Search result Notes list not showing

Since a couple weeks, I've experienced getting a blank Notes list, but if you click in the white space, Notes appear, so they are definitely there - just not showing. I've encountered it mainly in lists of Notes that are a result of a search. Anyone else having this issue? I got Version 7.0.3. I'll post a screenshot the next time it happens again.

• Level 5*

The  Invisible Note List is a known issue they're working on.

In list view, adjusting a column width renders the list visible.

• Like 1

I was having this with 6.11 and updated to 7.1 to fix it and other bugs. I found that closing the window and opening a New Window often fixed in 6.11.

(However the frequent incorrect search results in 7.1 are making me regret the upgrade)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2018 at 6:00 PM, JordanK said:

I'm having trouble with 7.1, and adjusting the column width doesn't change anything. Multiple clicking in and out of notebooks is the only thing that does work.

Has evernote actually figured this out yet? It's a pain in the posterior!

• 2 weeks later...

I just upgraded to 7.2 (hoping the invisible note list issue would be gone).  Unfortunately, it still shows up for me (see screenshot).  Was reeeeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy hoping this would be fixed in this release.

blank-note-list.png

• 1 month later...

Sigh.  Upgraded just now to 7.2.3 with anticipation this issue is fixed - nope, still there.  I'm a big Evernote champion, but this nasty bug that has been around for months without a fix is starting to wear on me :(

The blank notes problem seems to happen when I click on a saved search that returns zero results.  If I then click on another saved search that should show results, it often is blank.  Only upon clicking around in other saved searches and back again can I get the blank notes to show again.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:53 AM, xmasmoneky said:

Sigh.  Upgraded just now to 7.2.3 with anticipation this issue is fixed - nope, still there.  I'm a big Evernote champion, but this nasty bug that has been around for months without a fix is starting to wear on me :(

The blank notes problem seems to happen when I click on a saved search that returns zero results.  If I then click on another saved search that should show results, it often is blank.  Only upon clicking around in other saved searches and back again can I get the blank notes to show again.

Thanks for letting us know.

I'm still on version 6.13.3 from last year, which didn't have this issue.

I'm wondering how such a high profile bug can take longer than 3 weeks to fix, let alone half a year.

Before downgrading, this made Evernote completely unusable, having to adjust column width after any navigation.

Maybe in 2019 I can update to version 7…

• 1 month later...

Sigh.  Upgraded just now to 7.5 and still an issue.  Anytime I go to a saved search that has zero results - clicking on another saved search with non-zero results shows the blank notes list.  Any update from the Evernote team?  Pretty please?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2018 at 6:07 PM, DTLow said:

@DTLow - did you ever solve the "Invisible Notes" issue?  I haven't seen a fix come through (and when I wrote Support months ago, they said engineering was aware of the problem and working on a fix).  Am I supposed to rebuild my search index?  I don't think that is the cause (as clicking around in the UX and then going back to my saved search eventually shows the note results) - but willing to try anything.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, xmasmoneky said:

did you ever solve the "Invisible Notes" issue?

For myself, the issue was resolved in the revisions starting with 7.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

I have version 7.8, and this is happening with me as well.  Nothing works at all.  Tried so many things, and am super frustrated. Can't access any notes in any notebooks.

Any new suggestions?
Tanya