I recently changed phones from a Samsung S6 to a LG G6 Android phone. I had two Evernote notebooks on the Samsung, the major one was froghairjax@gmail.com and I had 90 notes in that notebook. The other was ....@att.net, my primary email account with Evernote, and it only had six notes. When the Verizon rep brought over apps from my Samsung to my LG the Evernote account only had the ATT.net notes and the Gmail.com notebook was missing. I went to Evenote.com on my PC and I found the Gmail.com notebook but no way to get it onto my Android phone, so I had to recreate many notes to the ATT.net notebook. Today when I went back to Evernote to look at the Gmail notebook again it was not there. Does anyone know how to find that Gmail notebook and get the notes onto my Android phone?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Android phones (like all mobile devices) don't have notes stored on the phone.  They are stored on the central server under the same account log in details.  If you go to Evernote.com in a browser and log in with each account username and password you should be able to verify that these notes are present.  Changing from one to the other is easier on a desktop than it is on the mobile.  To change accounts on the phone,  log out of one account and log into the other - preferably while you have a good network connection,  because the notes' search index has to be downloaded in real time.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, mkbolton42 said:

I recently changed phones from a Samsung S6 to a LG G6 Android phone. I had two Evernote notebooks on the Samsung, the major one was froghairjax@gmail.com and I had 90 notes in that notebook. The other was ....@att.net, my primary email account with Evernote, and it only had six notes.

OK, so you had two Evernote accounts (not notebooks: each account is tied to a specific email address, and accounts may have multiple notebooks).

2 hours ago, mkbolton42 said:

When the Verizon rep brought over apps from my Samsung to my LG the Evernote account only had the ATT.net notes and the Gmail.com notebook was missing. I went to Evenote.com on my PC and I found the Gmail.com notebook but no way to get it onto my Android phone, so I had to recreate many notes to the ATT.net notebook.

So here's the deal with Evernote for mobile devices. You sign in with one account at a time, and while you are signed in, notes from that account only are fetched from the Evernote servers are cached locally on the device; they can be cached as to you access them, or if they belong to an offline notebook (something you need to designate for that notebook on specific devices). If you sign out of an account, say, to switch to a different account, then the cached notes for the original account are effectively deleted (as far as I understand it), and only notes that are in the second account are then cached as before. So since you can only sign in to one Evernote account at a time on your device, it's never going to contain notes for both of your accounts.

In other words, whatever the Verizon rep did, while not being bad (I think), is not the right way to transfer Evernote note data to a new device. You should be able to sign in, and use the account as normal; notes will get pulled down as you need them. To get to notes in your other account, you need to sign out of the first account, and sign into the other account.

Is there some special reason that you're using two accounts? There's nothing wrong with that (I use two accounts as well), but if you don't need to, you should consider consolidating them.

jefito, GURO extraordinaire, I certainly am happy and glad to know that you watch this Evernote Forum because you answered my dilemma in just one paragraph; Thank You! I did sign out of my ATT account, reluctantly I might add as I read that my cached notes would be gone, and I signed into my Gmail account, and WALA, there were all 90 of my notes and passwords, etc.!!!! I was ecstatic to see them once again. As for why I have two accounts, damn if I know, likely that I just didn't know what I was doing at the time that I started using Evernote, and maybe for some privacy too, not real sure now. I had already added 33 of those Gmail notes to my ATT account but now I don't have to do that any longer thanks to YOU. Again, jefito, many thanks for your great help and knowledge.  Michael

Gazumped, thank you very much for your reply to my post and you sure did answer my question. I went to my PC first and logged into Evernote and found that I was using the ATT account. I logged out of that and then logged in using the Gmail account and WALA, there were all 90 of my notes!!!! I didn’t imagine that the procedure would be so simple. I then did the same on my LG phone and there they were once again! You were ever so helpful and I really do appreciate you taking your time to respond with your help.

Archived