Lucinda

BCC emails to EN not including header info

I frequently BCC evernote with important emails to keep a record. Recently, the imported note loses ALL header info. It only includes the subject line as the title and the body of the email as the body of the note. Obviously, this is not all the information I need. I must have a complete record of the email info: names and email addresses from the TO, CC, Date, Time, etc. This is critical to recording keeping. Without it, Evernote is useless for this purpose. 

If I forward an email to Evernote, all the data arrives complete, just as it use to do when BCC. 

I think this would be independent of the apps I use since it is coming from an email client into Evernote. The notes are the same whether viewed on my iPhone, iMac or via Web. The key data is missing in all cases.

Please Evernote, fix this! It is vital. 

Hi.  What's your OS and mail client?  AFAIR Evernote has never included header information with a BCC email.  For exactly that reason I normally prefer to BCC an email to my own address and forward the email to Evernote rather than use the blind copy option.  I'm on Windows and Outlook.

• Like 1

Ditto, bcc has never included mail header info, as long as I have been using EN.  My method is to forward the email from the sent folder.  Two step process, but it works.  

gazumped, I'm on Mac OS 10.12, Evernote Version 7.0.2, using Apply mail. After searching I found other threads about this going back many years. Seems like it should be an easy fix for Evernote. I'll use the Forward work around. It's just so much easier to BCC to ensure getting it into Evernote WHEN you are sending the email. 

gazumped and CalS, Thanks for your help.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Lucinda said:

I'm on Mac OS 10.12, Evernote Version 7.0.2, using Apple mail.

As a solution to the header issue, Mac users can use a script (AppleScript) to import email to Evernote.5ac4e6f96792e_ScreenShot2018-04-04at07_52_51.png.d90b744fb6d8114611650a9eebb19b3a.png

This gives us control of the information being transfered, and the note format, title, tags, ...

5ac4ddc59dfc5_ScreenShot2018-04-04at07_13_46.png.7d005654b05d9cfb56237e4f28202cf0.png

3 hours ago, Lucinda said:

gazumped, I'm on Mac OS 10.12, Evernote Version 7.0.2, using Apply mail. After searching I found other threads about this going back many years. Seems like it should be an easy fix for Evernote. I'll use the Forward work around. It's just so much easier to BCC to ensure getting it into Evernote WHEN you are sending the email. 

gazumped and CalS, Thanks for your help.

You are welcome, and I share your pain.  I'd just as soon bcc if I could.  

• Like 1

Hello, I know this thread is old but I'm using Outlook and Evernote on MAC and I don't want to do 2 steps -- BCC self and forward from Sent.

1) under Outlook preferences/composing turn on BCC myself

2) Under Outlook preferences/rules do 2 things: for all incoming mail from myself, a) forward to evernote, and b) archive the message immediately.  This gets it to evernote and out of my inbox.

I have all the mail header and information this way.

I do not have two steps this way. Outlook takes care of the mess.  (One of the rare good things I have to say about Outlook.)

I keep 3 lines in a sticky note, with each line set to tomorrow's date. I can triple click, copy and paste the line into the subject line before I sent new mail or replies.

!2019/02/25 @!actionIU #important #urgent <<reminder is usually today or tomorrow 

!2019/02/25 @!actionI #important <<edit the  date for the reminder--it's usually farther out than tomorrow

!2019/02/25 @!actionU #urgent << most action urgent things I do immediately --if 10 min or less--and I don't add this to the subject line. Then the reply goes to the default notebook. But If I have to delay for hours, I set the reminder and let the forward go to the urgent notebook.

All other messages go to the default notebook for incoming mail and I periodically send them to the right notebook for storage.

When I finish items I remove the urgent and important tags and send them to the right notebook.

Although I have used forward for months now, the FW: in the subject line is annoying. I just found that using REDIRECT in the rules does not add the FW: to the subject line and I'll use that from this moment onward in Outlook  Preferences/Rules for the BCC to myself.

Always good to hear about new tools for automating things we must do, thanks!

19 hours ago, TerryS said:

I keep 3 lines in a sticky note, with each line set to tomorrow's date. I can triple click, copy and paste the line into the subject line before I sent new mail or replies.   !2019/02/25 @!actionIU #important #urgent ...

18 hours ago, TerryS said:

Although I have used forward for months now, the FW: in the subject line is annoying.

Kudos for atomating using email rules.

I find the extra text in the subject line annoying and confusing to recipients

As  per @gazumped, Filterize will support this text relocated to within the contents.  
I also use scripting on my Mac with Applescript.

I'm glad it works for you. 🙂

There are lots of services I'd pay $1 a month for, few at $5 or more monthly. Evernote-yes! G suite-yes!. Meetme.so -- yes!  Each of these revolutionized my work and productivity.

Paying as much for Filterize as for Gsuite, no. 

Well, we each have our profession, our budgets, our needs, our values. I don't want to wake up paying $1000 annually for tiny add ons.

Of course I'll do the free trial and see if it is worth it to me. It might be! 

Thanks!