Changed Computers--Lost whole Notebooks

Just switched over from an old 2012 MacBook Pro to a 2017 MacBook Pro. When I downloaded Evernote, it came up with only a third of my notes and had deleted whole folders. 

I tried to troubleshoot though this site, and dug through the Trash folder, but none of my lost notes were there. It's like the backup was from a year ago and it just didn't save anything I've done recently.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get my stuff back?

• Level 5*

First, use the web platform (www.evernote.com) to check on the master copy of your notes.

I'm assuming these are not Local Notebooks which are your responsibility to backup/restore.

Local Notebooks... do you mean the difference between Private and Shared? That's the option it gives me when I try and make a new one?

Anyway, I checked the Master copy online and a huge number of notes are still missing, even in the folders that show up. For example, one folder which had several hundred, has inexplicably reduced itself to one note. A note made in 2015. 

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, Melanippe13 said:

Local Notebooks... do you mean the difference between Private and Shared?

Local Notebooks are the difference between Sync'd data and non-Sync-data.
https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005107-What-is-a-local-notebook-

>> I checked the Master copy online and a huge number of notes are still missing

Is there any chance you're using the wrong userid/password and accessing a different account you set up previously?

Thank you for the link.

One thing the article didn't mention: if I just open a new Folder does it default to Local or not Local?

Unfortunately, this is the only account I have with Evernote. I even checked all of my other email addresses, but there were no bites. 

Archived