Web Clipper button no longer works

chuckkahn

Until a few days ago, when I clicked the Evernote Web Clipper button in Chrome, a dialog box would come up offering me Clip options like "Article" "Simplified article" "Full page" "Bookmark" "Screenshot".   But now I get no dialog box at all.  What gives?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Chances are that Chrome updated and Evernote Clipper hasn't been caught up yet.  Have you tried another browser to check that clipping is still working?  My Firefox clipper is working fine on Windows.  There are other threads about issues with Chrome - hopefully a fix (or an update) will be along shortly.

• Level 5*

The Evernote web clipper for Chrome (version 7.0.0) is working fine in Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 on my machine, including the options to clip articles, simplified articles, etc.

1 hour ago, jefito said:

The Evernote web clipper for Chrome (version 7.0.0) is working fine in Chrome Version 65.0.3325.181 on my machine, including the options to clip articles, simplified articles, etc.

Those are the versions I am running.   I notice this error in the log:

2018\3\27 13:37:28 ERR Channel: Message 'getOptionsStore' failed with error: Error: Failed to read large IndexedDB value DataError: Failed to read large IndexedDB value at G.rejectionMapper (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/background.js:1:569997) at X (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/background.js:1:519252) at IDBRequest.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/background.js:1:560832) at IDBRequest.<anonymous> (chrome-extension://pioclpoplcdbaefihamjohnefbikjilc/background.js:1:521019)

2018\3\27 13:37:28 ERR Channel: Error in handleResponse Object:{"errorMessage":"Failed to read large IndexedDB value"}

So I removed the extension and re-added it and the dialog box is back!!

• Level 5*
7 hours ago, gazumped said:

Related post -

Different issue, I believe. The Notes field was removed with version 7 of the web clipper, at least on my machine and with Chrome; on the other hand, the same version 7 on the same machine and with the same browser has the options  options to clip articles, simplified articles, and so on that are missing in the OP's case.

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, chuckkahn said:

So I removed the extension and re-added it and the dialog box is back!!

Yeah, that was going to be the next suggestion. Glad to hear it.

• 1 month later...

I am new to clipper but on installing i get a box that doesnt give me to options of  "Article" "Simplified article" "Full page" "Bookmark" "Screenshot".  I only get the following box.  Am i missing something?

Screen Shot 2018-04-28 at 11.36.42 am.png

Archived