How to move a notebook to a different stack?

I am using Evernote 7.0.3 on a Mac. I can't figure out how to move a notebook from one stack to another.

Right-clicking on a notebook does not have a move option.

Dragging a notebook also does nothing.

In the menubar I can find "Move Note" but not "Move Notebook".

Help!

• Level 5*
On 3/26/2018 at 9:07 AM, Vectorbud said:

I am using Evernote 7.0.3 on a Mac. I can't figure out how to move a notebook from one stack to another.

First point, On Evernote/Mac use the notebook page; not the sidebar5ab91d8e70a3f_ScreenShot2018-03-26at09_18_12.png.20fcfffedbacf28010b0b486ff0e4c8d.png

Right-click on the notebook to access stack functions.  Drag and drop also works but is less precise

Thank you, DTLow. That solves my problem.

I had ALWAYS used the sidebar for everything. I didn't even know about the notebook page.

Thanks again. I learned something new. 

Edited by Vectorbud
I figured out how to use the sidebar along with the notebook page.
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, DeAnne Holliday said:

Where is the Notebook page?  I am having the same issue.

You can get to it by clicking the notebook icon in the sidebar (the one highlighted in DTLow's image).

• 4 months later...
  • Level 5*
On 11/24/2018 at 10:02 PM, jhawleypeters said:

How does this feature not exist on the web version? Frustrating.

If you're using the beta version, then you should switch to the so-called "current version" (Account Settings, "Use current version"), and you can stack and unstack to your heart's delight:

• Haha 1
  • 3 months later...
  • Level 5*
2 hours ago, Ryokan said:

Same problem on Evernote Mac desktop version 7.9 (457564 App Store). Seems that movin notebooks inside stucks is not working anymore?! This is so frustrating and annoying!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

You can see it as a bug, since it does not have a visual interface action. AFAIK it is a standard for Mac programs that rarely used function may be only accessible by one of the menus, not by clicking with the mouse. Moving notebooks to another stack does not happen as part of a workflow, This is more set it up once, and let it run.

There are more functions that work by a menu item instead of mousing around.

Bug, sug, or whatever, it comes down to user expectation; if I see a list of Notebooks in the sidebar I expect to be able to rename them or drag them around, rather than have to poke a title to get to a new window that displays the exact same list.  The sidebar listings should at least include all the right-click options that the Notebooks view does.