Jump to content
Join the #EverBetterChallenge and finish what you start in 2019. Read more... ×
HelloEN

Chrome [Version 7.0.0] Where are Remarks?

Recommended Posts

Does the clipper still have remarks?

They suddenly disappeared. The tag field is there but no remark field.

I use them religiously - I've looked in the settings repetitively but I can't find how to get them back.

[ Version 7.0.0 ] MacOS/Chrome.

Clipper-remarks.png

images.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post

I habitually remark every note I clip because that forces a horizontal line into the note and creates a clear space at the top of the note that isn't influenced by HTML.

(it's often hard to add notes to some clipped webpages, the formatting/page header won't let you carriage return to make space at the top.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, HelloEN said:

Does the clipper still have remarks?

Chrome seems to be having problems these days.5ab6b407e34f9_ScreenShot2018-03-24at13_21_18.png.d9f63e31528316ce471d3cac45c2bcc1.png

The standard Mac/Safari Web Clipper still has Remarks

Share this post


Link to post

Okay, but what about Chrome Web Clipper?

As HelloEN mentions above, remarks functionality is needed to add clean comments not messed up by the formatting of the clipping itself.

Somebody from Evernote, speak to this, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Duane said:

Somebody from Evernote, speak to this, please.

You're posting in a user discussion forum.

To contact Evernote Support
All Accounts         Twitter @evernotehelps   
Paid Accounts       Contact Evernote Support 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You're posting in a user discussion forum.

To contact Evernote Support
All Accounts         Twitter @evernotehelps   
Paid Accounts       Contact Evernote Support 

Thanks, did both.

This is crazy.

Share this post


Link to post

I wish Evernote automatically clipped something under a horizontal line so that we could add something above any clipping without the garbled html, instead of having to remember to always add a remark when clipping.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, lisec said:

I wish Evernote automatically clipped something under a horizontal line so that we could add something above any clipping without the garbled html, instead of having to remember to always add a remark when clipping.

You should post this as a feature request; you got my vote

Trying to edit an web clipping with comments  is a recipe for disaster.

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, lisec said:

I wish Evernote automatically clipped something under a horizontal line so that we could add something above any clipping without the garbled html, instead of having to remember to always add a remark when clipping.

+1

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You should post this as a feature request; you got my vote

Trying to edit an web clipping with comments  is a recipe for disaster.

Done.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Missing on mine too (in Chrome 65.0.3325.181).  Was using it yesterday on my home laptop, and today it's missing or work computer.  I checked a bunch of settings and can't see a place to turn on/off.

Screenshot_033118_020428_PM.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/24/2018 at 1:30 PM, HelloEN said:

Does the clipper still have remarks?

They suddenly disappeared. The tag field is there but no remark field.

I use them religiously - I've looked in the settings repetitively but I can't find how to get them back.

I just want to add my voice of concern about the loss of the "Remarks" field in the Mac Chrome Web Clipper.

I use the EN Chrome Web Clipper many times a day, and the "Remarks" field is critical to my workflow.  I use it to record vital info about the web page, like Author and Publication Date, and to state my critical remarks about the page at the time of clipping.

@Evernote, please add this feature, Remarks, back into the Web Clipper ASAP.

Just for the record, here are screenshots of what I see:

2018-04-05_15-18-39.png.bb811b46bf10bef6eeb8cd0fa6509f32.png

5ac68800d2bc3_2018-04-05_15-18-39(1).png.2be5c9b9b60bdb6e9e58043393eed2d7.png

On 4/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, Duane said:

Here's what @evernotehelps had to say yesterday...

2018-04-05_15-35-04.png.921b75cff8ee800202dafeeb836e3316.png

This is encouraging, but I would feel more confident if someone from Evernote would post here, confirming this, and hopefully giving us an ETA.

My workflow is totally broken until this fix is made.  Is it possible to downgrade to the prior version?  If so, how and where do I get it?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

I would feel more confident if someone from Evernote would post here, confirming this, and hopefully giving us an ETA.

I don't know if Evernote people reply in here, but I did get the above-mentioned tweet and the below attached email from Evernote, officially.

Speaking of which, the below is a response to a trouble ticket I opened. Perhaps you should create a trouble ticket yourself and continue to keep this on the front burner, lest "as soon as possible" gets lost and it never gets addressed.

I would also tweet - that puts the conversation out in public, which might pressure them from a different angle.

remarks web clipper2.JPG

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×