[Version 7.0.0] Where are Remarks?

HelloEN

Does the clipper still have remarks?

They suddenly disappeared. The tag field is there but no remark field.

I use them religiously - I've looked in the settings repetitively but I can't find how to get them back.

[ Version 7.0.0 ] MacOS/Chrome.

Clipper-remarks.png

images.png

I habitually remark every note I clip because that forces a horizontal line into the note and creates a clear space at the top of the note that isn't influenced by HTML.

(it's often hard to add notes to some clipped webpages, the formatting/page header won't let you carriage return to make space at the top.)

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, HelloEN said:

Chrome seems to be having problems these days.5ab6b407e34f9_ScreenShot2018-03-24at13_21_18.png.d9f63e31528316ce471d3cac45c2bcc1.png

The standard Mac/Safari Web Clipper still has Remarks

Okay, but what about Chrome Web Clipper?

As HelloEN mentions above, remarks functionality is needed to add clean comments not messed up by the formatting of the clipping itself.

Somebody from Evernote, speak to this, please.

I wish Evernote automatically clipped something under a horizontal line so that we could add something above any clipping without the garbled html, instead of having to remember to always add a remark when clipping.

• Level 5*
19 minutes ago, lisec said:

I wish Evernote automatically clipped something under a horizontal line so that we could add something above any clipping without the garbled html, instead of having to remember to always add a remark when clipping.

You should post this as a feature request; you got my vote

Trying to edit an web clipping with comments  is a recipe for disaster.

29 minutes ago, lisec said:

+1

36 minutes ago, DTLow said:

You should post this as a feature request; you got my vote

Trying to edit an web clipping with comments  is a recipe for disaster.

Done.

• Level 5*
On 3/24/2018 at 1:30 PM, HelloEN said:

They suddenly disappeared. The tag field is there but no remark field.

I use them religiously - I've looked in the settings repetitively but I can't find how to get them back.

I just want to add my voice of concern about the loss of the "Remarks" field in the Mac Chrome Web Clipper.

I use the EN Chrome Web Clipper many times a day, and the "Remarks" field is critical to my workflow.  I use it to record vital info about the web page, like Author and Publication Date, and to state my critical remarks about the page at the time of clipping.

@Evernote, please add this feature, Remarks, back into the Web Clipper ASAP.

Just for the record, here are screenshots of what I see:

2018-04-05_15-18-39.png.bb811b46bf10bef6eeb8cd0fa6509f32.png

5ac68800d2bc3_2018-04-05_15-18-39(1).png.2be5c9b9b60bdb6e9e58043393eed2d7.png

On 4/2/2018 at 2:58 PM, Duane said:

Here's what @evernotehelps had to say yesterday...

2018-04-05_15-35-04.png.921b75cff8ee800202dafeeb836e3316.png

This is encouraging, but I would feel more confident if someone from Evernote would post here, confirming this, and hopefully giving us an ETA.

My workflow is totally broken until this fix is made.  Is it possible to downgrade to the prior version?  If so, how and where do I get it?

1 hour ago, JMichaelTX said:

I would feel more confident if someone from Evernote would post here, confirming this, and hopefully giving us an ETA.

I don't know if Evernote people reply in here, but I did get the above-mentioned tweet and the below attached email from Evernote, officially.

Speaking of which, the below is a response to a trouble ticket I opened. Perhaps you should create a trouble ticket yourself and continue to keep this on the front burner, lest "as soon as possible" gets lost and it never gets addressed.

I would also tweet - that puts the conversation out in public, which might pressure them from a different angle.

remarks web clipper2.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived