Editing encrypted text

tommy.james

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
15 minutes ago, morte2005 said:

Does the support service read this forum? Who knows the answer?

To contact Support

It might help if you identify your device/browser.  I know there are Chrome issues.

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, morte2005 said:

No, it's not only chrome. Internet explorer have the same issue. Check yourself.

I'm not a Windows user, but I tried with Mac/Safari
I am able to display and edit encrypted text.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I'm not a Windows user, but I tried with Mac/Safari
I am able to display and edit encrypted text.

Interesting. If so, then apparently this is a bug.  Waiting for the response from the support team.

I received answer from evernote team:

Hi there,

I can confirm that our team is aware of this change. Although this behavior is currently expected/by design, you should be able to edit encrypted (decrypted) content using the Evernote desktop and mobile applications. 

I'm glad to update you personally if there are any changes to the current design regarding not being able to edit decrypted content on the web!

Feel free to let me know if you any further questions. I'm glad to help.
- Aaron

As I understand, this is one of the ways to get a customer to buy a paid version.

• Level 5*
8 minutes ago, morte2005 said:

As I understand, this is one of the ways to get a customer to buy a paid version.

And how did you come to this understanding?
As I understand, there is no charge for the software on any platform.

If you want to use the desktop version (application on phone) on more than 2 devices, then you need to buy a premium version. I use an evernote on 4 devices and planned to use the web client for 3,4 devices. But, now, the web client does not allow changing encrypted passwords, which functionality I often use.

Am I wrong?
I'm using free version of evernote.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, morte2005 said:

on more than 2 devices

Correction.  This was 2 simultaneous devices.  

I'm guessing you don't want to use all the devices at the same time.  Swap out the device you want active.

Archived