No Support for Paying Customers?

Hi,

I submitted a ticket on 17 March, and have no reply other than the first one where they said they got my request (Ticket# 2427859) and will reply soon.  So far I have heard nothing, and sent two reminders.  

Maybe I am doing something wrong?  Or they don't really care about supporting paying individuals?

Grant

• Level 5*

Possibly there are higher priority tickets being addressed.

Feel free to post your issue in these forums (provided by Evernote)
Maybe the userbase can provide assistance

DT Low, of course I searched this forum before going sending an email to support (I have been a member since 2011).   My issue is, and others have it, but from what I saw, no straight forward solution, is a small thing, but I do pay for support, so would expect some kind of rely inside  a week.. 

The issue:  I always get  (probably 20 times) the  ' Evernote Essentials, lets Get Started'   dialog box when I restart Evernote... its not possible to complete the 5 tasks either, which I assume would make it stop popping up...  other posts say its supposed to stop after a number of times, or, of course, I should finish the tasks, but that does not work.  If you can find an answer on the forum the helps more than the answers that already where supplied,  i would be very happy.

Metrodon, I will wait a few more day, and then try the Twitter mode... I agree, there is no reason to not answer me because my question is not as 'big'  as other peoples...

Regards,

Grant

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Grant837 said:

The issue:  I always get  (probably 20 times) the  ' Evernote Essentials, lets Get Started'   dialog box when I restart Evernote

Perhaps @dconnet  can reply regarding the lastest Essentials manifestation.  There was a comment posted last year here

>>my question is not as 'big'  as other peoples...

I was thinking more on the line of first in first out (FIFO), but there could be bigger issues being worked on.  
There does seem to be limited resources for handling the support backlog.

• Level 5
On 3/24/2018 at 4:55 PM, DTLow said:

There does seem to be limited resources for handling the support backlog

That certainly seems to be the case. In my opinion, Evernote is relying too heavily on their 3rd party group of experts.

In the past, as a paying customer, I could expect an answer in 24 hours (1 business day). That is no longer the norm.

We've never been able to reproduce the Essentials not going away after 3 dismissals. The only way that has worked so far is to delete the `.context` file in the Database directory that is associated with that account. (That's where the how-many-times-have-you-seen-it info is stored. The best reasoning I can think of is the file was corrupted or the OS (as in a virus detector) is preventing us from writing. (I'll have to look at the error recovery path in that code is see if we're logging anything - and if not, add that so we can at least see...

Archived