How to get my "Stuff" into Evernote

merk850

Hello. I am looking for best practices work flow options. I have a free account. I could upload to Plus but was seeing what my options were.

I would like to use my Xerox copier at work to create pdf's of my paper. It would scan it in and the machine can email the attached pdf to my Gmail. What is the cleanest way to get those pdfs into Evernote?

If I download them into a Google Drive folder can they be imported into EN right from the Google Drive folder? 

I do NOT want them to be attachments to a note. I would like them to look as if I scanned them directly into EN from a scanner.

If that is not possible, can it be accomplished by upgrading to Plus and then emailing each scan into my unique EN email address?

In other words the be picture is to us my work Xerox machine to somehow get the scans into EN. My local scanner is slow and I am looking to speed up the import.

Thanks.

• Level 5*
39 minutes ago, merk850 said:

What is the cleanest way to get those pdfs into Evernote?

What device/platform are you using?

If Windows, you will have import folder(s); simply move the files  into the  folders.

>>I do NOT want them to be attachments to a note. I would like them to look as if I scanned them directly into EN from a scanner.

Not possible.  The note format is basic enml/html.  Any PDFs or Images  exist as an  attachment to a note.

You do have a choice of displaying PDFs inline, or as attachments.

>>upgrading to Plus

Upgrading to Plus will give you increased upload limits and note sizes.  For details, see https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005157-Which-Evernote-product-is-right-for-me-

The email option isn't a great option for bulk imports.

Thanks for the reply. I can use a Mac at home. I use Chromebooks often also.

Well I just do not want cryptic links to a pdf. I like the look of seeing the pdf note as I do when I directly scan it into Evernote. 

If I scan into a  Google Drive folder, what is the process to get the pdf into EN from Google Drive? Again I would like it to look like I scanned it.  Not just a pdf small link.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, merk850 said:

I can use a Mac at home.

You can also have import folders on a Mac.  There are some extra setup steps.

You will need to install the Evernote/Mac software on your computer.
Available from www.evernote.com/download

>>Well I just do not want cryptic links to a pdf.

If you're importing the pdf, there is no link

Here is a sample from my data5ab491f6d04f0_ScreenShot2018-03-22at22_34_00.png.ccdf287c9939be34267cb20852d7cb89.png

For one page documents, receipts, hand written notes in a notebook, I would recommend using the Scannable app to scan from your phone into Evernote. 

It is a fast app, it starts in the camera mode so you do not need to select to scan. Its purpose is to scan. Give it a try for quickly getting things into Evernote. It works nicely with business cards too.

• Level 5*
On 3/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, merk850 said:

I would like to use my Xerox copier at work to create pdf's of my paper. It would scan it in and the machine can email the attached pdf to my Gmail. What is the cleanest way to get those pdfs into Evernote?

You can drag from email to EN to get the PDF into EN.  You may run into upload limits depending upon the number of PDFs you intend to add to EN each month, just FYI.

Archived