All Notes Button on Mac Upgrade which has vanished

JamboBimal

Idea

I have been using Evernote since  almost a decade and a Premium member since 2010. 

Evernote has started making some good changes which i do like, The table feature is so good I practically use in most of my notes. 

But there are some changes which were user friendly are being removed or vanished. The feature has been downgraded or vanished 

I notice the change when I had 2 macs one had a older version and the other had a newer version.

What is happening is When i work on the Evernote i make use of notes and in my work flow I used to use the All Notes button for me to toggle between the notes I am on into a particular notebook 1st it was 1 click and I am there into all Notes of all notebooks. But now I have to have 3 steps to do the same function. So there are 3 steps every time I have to use and there is no keyboard shortcut to do that so it takes longer and also there is no icon to replace that function. 

I presume a lot of Evernote users must be going through this 

I would suggest the design and development team to look into this and make it back to more user friendly and reduce the work instead of increasing for this all notes button either with a shortcut key or an icon.

Attach are the images to get a visual presentation of what is happening Screen shot 27" mac is a newer version of Evernote  and Screen shot from Mac 24 is the older version

5ab2cfb71230c_AllNotesScreen2722mac.png.fa5b1d8b0c5d9ecd577d75bdcf1dc9f9.png5ab2cfb666342_AllNotesScreen2422mac.png.7b30275a3f6ac931a5c7e58f70507f9f.png

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I moved your post to the Mac Feature Request ForumF800C939-191F-4129-92C2-A3FABF9995FA.jpeg.d9db3f370125e044b6e77e913401df03.jpeg

As  you pointed out, there is no longer an "All Notes" button

The  image you posted displays the current notebook filter and a drop list which allows selection of All  Notes, or a specific notebook..5ab2d2f6586bf_ScreenShot2018-03-21at14_47_07.png.016a12fc5fc2486dee8a0486939caf36.png

I'm not a big Notebook user but I can also select the Notebook from the notebook list in the sidebar

5ab2d3a717419_ScreenShot2018-03-21at14_48_45.png.408179884254e08f4dfe5cb41280bfef.png

Thanks DTlow and appreciate you looking into this.

Also thank you for posting into the appropriate place as this is the 1st time I am using this forum after using Evernote for almost a decade.

Just to clarify that the ALL NOTES button was there in the older version but now it is not there in the newer version. 

So what needs to be done to make use of what it was for and what I and other users may be using it.

Is to incorporate this feature back in the current design or development workflow  

• Level 5*

The request has been posted and will be noted by Evernote.

Even more important is how much  user support there is for the request.  Users indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.

This change must've been made before I arrived; how was the behavior of that All Notes button different from clicking it in the sidebar now? It seems to switch the list to All Notes even if it's already been highlighted and subsequently set to filter for a particular notebook. Somewhat strangely the hotkey for All Notes (opt+cmd+0) doesn't actually do the same thing.

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, rezecib said:

This change must've been made before I arrived; how was the behavior of that All Notes button different from clicking it in the sidebar now? It seems to switch the list to All Notes even if it's already been highlighted and subsequently set to filter for a particular notebook. Somewhat strangely the hotkey for All Notes (opt+cmd+0) doesn't actually do the same thing.

As a long time Windows user and now fairly new Mac user, I miss not having the All Notes button in the menu area on the Mac.  The side bar works fine but on Windows I keep the sidebar hidden.  On the Mac I now have to keep it exposed.  Not that big of a deal but the Mac has the smaller screen so it would be nice to keep the side bar hidden.   On the Mac I also miss not being able to add styles to tags and notebook names like you can on Windows.  I find color coding them very useful.

Hi Rezecib

Thank you very much and highly appreciate your making me aware of the alternative solution for the ALL NOTES which I was not aware. for now I can manage without a keyboard shortcut, which I am confident will be introduced sooner or later. The Support ticket and help person did not alert me on this instead he advised me to post it on the forum. For which this is the 1st time after almost a decade of using Evernote I am using. Good thing is I am learning and meeting people like you, who are understanding problems and giving solutions.

Cheers Bimal

15 hours ago, DTLow said:

The request has been posted and will be noted by Evernote.

Even more important is how much  user support there is for the request.  Users indicate their support using the voting buttons in the upper left corner of the discussion.

Thanks DT Low for alerting Evernote, Your alert has created some good response. 

Archived