gudule

Update not downloading

Everyday my evernote reminds me there is an update available. When I click on download it always starts but right before the end it fails. So I can't update. How can i correct this?

1 hour ago, lasherid said:

Exactly the same thing is happening to me;  using W10.  Any explanation/solution?

Do any errors pop up? Does your activity log (Help / Activity Log) give you any clues?

3 hours ago, lasherid said:

Any explanation/solution?

No idea. You could download it directly from evernote.com. If that fails, then it's something with your internet connection.

The message I get is:  "Unable to download the update.  Please try again later."  This occurs over and over, although not immediately.

Thanks for any help.

I have the same problem. 6 people have now indicated this problem since March. And no response from Evernote. ....

Having same issue, unable to download update.......help!

Install the basic Evernote software first. Then run the Evernote ScanSnap Edition software. That worked for me just now.

Here's how to fix this issue:

1. If Evernote is running on your computer, quit the program.

2. Go to https://evernote.com/download/ and download Evernote.

3. Once downloaded, go to the downloaded file, right click, and choose "Run as Administrator."

This will over-write your existing version and install the new version. You'll be updated to the newest version.

Hope this helps...