Code Block feature: copy/paste broken, note content empty in Evernote for Mac

Hi, guys!

I have following issue with Code Blocks feature

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Open note https://www.evernote.com/shard/s7/sh/858b25b5-6812-4156-bfb9-9877f092909b/b8cb742f1181d59cc0b934fc04b35ead

2. Copy whole content of the note into the new note

EXPECTED RESULTS

Note content should be copied, and there should be 3 code blocks.

ACTUAL RESULTS

Nothing happens when I do Cmd+V or Edit > Paste. Edit > Paste and Match Style is not working too.

SOFTWARE

Evernote App Store version that I had previously and that is currently installed (see more details below):

Version 7.0.2 (456267 App Store)
Editor: 1.38.3824 (68bd1c0)

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D102)

MacBook Pro Early 2011

TL;DR

Yesterday I decided to give a try to Code Block feature, so I installed latest Evernote for Mac from evernote.com, because only it this version you could enable Code Block feature. Previously I used latest version from the AppStore.

I created a note with several code blocks, and everything were fine until I switched to another note, upon returning to the original note I saw an empty editor screen, but in the snippet panel I could see the text from the note (see _Inbox.png).

I decided to figure out an issue, I opened this note on Evernote for iOS and everything was fine. In the Web version everything was fine too. So I decided to just copy a note content from web to the new note. But it didn't work! I could paste note content anywhere except Evernote. 

I thought that maybe it's an issue with this beta version I downloaded from evernote.com. So I installed version from the Appstore again, but it has the same issue.

So I come to the conclusion, that issue is with the note itself. I tried to copy texts from different sources and it worked fine. Then I tried to copy part of my troublesome note and it worked too! Long story short, using dichotomy method I figured out a problematic part of the note — it's an empty code block. Content of the notes with such block is not displayed in the Evertnote for Mac, and I can't copy&paste it's content into the new blocks too. I prepared a note for you, you could test this issue, see Steps above.

Tell me if you need any additional details. 

_Inbox.png

Same_note_in_Web.png

• Level 5*

Hi. 

7 hours ago, Efreeti said:

I've also seen that the "insert code" button has disappeared.

Is this Mac desktop or Web?

Is it something that happens often?

Nope

Is there any place where Evernote gives information about things they are going to remove/removed and why?

Nope - other than in the new release threads for whichever version of the app you're using.  Example-

• Level 5*

I've also seen that the "insert code" button has disappeared. Is it something that happens often? Is there any place where Evernote gives information about things they are going to remove/removed and why?

5abc13480149e_ScreenShot2018-03-28at15_08_30.png.88a71d215f4dfdb24d228bac904ba715.pngI'm still able to insert code block on my Mac

Note: I enabled code block in Preferences
5abc137076103_ScreenShot2018-03-28at15_10_24.png.28c64f712196d20aa507c3df3eeaf5c7.png

• 2 months later...

Seems like this issue is fixed in 

Version 7.1.1 (456642 App Store)
Editor: 45.1.5170 (bfe1ee3)

Now I can open the note I provided as example. But what's interesting in Mac version of evernote empty code block is not displayed at all. But I still could see it in web version.

Archived