data storage on iphone app

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, naoko said:

I use the free evernote service and currently have it on my macbook and iphone. Does my data disappear if I delete the app on my iphone?

Data is sync'd to the cloud and to all your devices.   
So no, dropping a device does not cause data loss.

Note.  You must connect to the internet occasionally to sync your data.

>>It's taking up a lot of storage.

After syncing, very little data is maintained on the iPhone; just a small metadata database.
The note data is retrieved via the internet when required

• 3 weeks later...

Can I kinda "hijack" this discussion?

I mean, I'm not going to delete Evernote on my Phone, but I was checking the storage and it's currently using 25Gb of storage. And I have no offline folders.

So... it's not a very little data. It's a freaking ton of data (for something that it's storing nothing).

Any explanations for this?

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, JBiason said:

it's currently using 25Gb of storage.

I recommend syncing your data, deleting the app, then reinstall.

1 hour ago, DTLow said:

I recommend syncing your data, deleting the app, then reinstall.

I thought about that but... What will prevent that, in a year, I'm back to 25Gb (without ever enabling offline folders)?

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, JBiason said:

I thought about that but... What will prevent that, in a year, I'm back to 25Gb (without ever enabling offline folders)?

Like lightning striking twice in the same spot, further investigation will be required.

• Level 5*

On my iPhone when I go to Settings - General - iPhone Storage and I see 2.67GB for EN, which I think is more than it should be, and once was, since I only have about 10-20 offline notes at any given time.  This is based upon a 17GB EXB in Windows.  It used to be about 250MB which made more sense.  Not the same as your issue, but maybe in the neighborhood.  Don't what happened in the recent release(s)???

Did a clear cache in EN, rebooted the phone and no change to the EN storage number.

Archived