• Level 5

Due to sluggishness, I contacted Evernote support last week. Their 3rd-party support person suggested I uninstall and reinstall and reboot my Evernote Windows. I did and there was a slight improvement, but nowhere as fast as it used to be.

I upgraded to Windows 6.10.3.6921 (306921) Public yesterday and now it is really dragging. Some small PDF receipts take up to 7 seconds to view. I contacted Support last night and got the same uninstall/reinstall/reboot reply. (Sigh, I miss the actual Evernote support team)

For over an hour today, I've noticed the square green icon at the bottom of my page has a slightly green field moving from left to right. Here is an enlarged view.

Does anyone know what this movement signifies? (I've seen it in the past.) Is it automatically rebuilding my database?

Evernote icon.png

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

Does anyone know what this movement signifies? (I've seen it in the past.) Is it automatically rebuilding my database?

Did you use the Ctrl-Help menu to optimize, fix, or rebuild?  If so, could be that, don't know for sure.  Assuming the movement completes its journey across the icon I'd reboot your PC then.

I've seen some note display lag with 6.10, but everything else seems the same.  The note display lag issue was acknowledged in the release thread by EN.  Nothing like 7 seconds for a simple PDF though.  More like a little less than a second for me.

• Level 5
1 hour ago, CalS said:

Did you use the Ctrl-Help menu to optimize, fix, or rebuild?  If so, could be that, don't know for sure.  Assuming the movement completes its journey across the icon I'd reboot your PC then.

I've seen some note display lag with 6.10, but everything else seems the same.  The note display lag issue was acknowledged in the release thread by EN.  Nothing like 7 seconds for a simple PDF though.  More like a little less than a second for me.

Thanks for the reply

1. No, I did not use any of the specialty options (Ctrl click on the Help menu). Just a standard install. If the 3rd-party support guy comes back to my update, I'll ask him if I should select one of the those items or revert back to an older version. Maybe he will grant me the opportunity to discuss this with a real Evernote employee. Kind of sucks to pay $70/year and be routed off to a help farm.

2. The movement of the green shade slides across the icon quite fast. Twice per second over and over again.

3. The movement stopped about 2 hours ago.

4. The delay in viewing PDF files is shorter now - about 2 seconds (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi) It used to be almost instantaneous a couple versions ago.

5. >Options >Note >Note View Options - The "Always show PDF documents at attachments" is not checked.

So the process to view a PDF is now to 1.) click on the title in the Note List, 2.) then wait until I can view the PDF. Then 3.) I open the note in a new window, and 3.) wait a second time again for the same PDF to view.

• Level 5*

Hmmm.  Clueless as to what the green slide is about.  The delay sounds a bit longer than what I am seeing (1 Mississippi 2), and it was instantaneous prior to this release.  Sounds like whatever was going on completed???

I'd just click - quick pause - double click on the note to open in a new window.  Then the PDF will appear with same lag in both windows at about the same time.  :wacko:

• Level 5

I got a response from Evernote today on the PDF viewing sluggishness issue. 

Thanks for contacting Evernote Support and for reporting this issue.

We're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix that is scheduled to be included in the next release (version 6.11).

Evernote for Windows Desktop version 6.11 is scheduled to be released within the next 1-2 weeks.

• Level 5*
21 hours ago, jbenson2 said:

I got a response from Evernote today on the PDF viewing sluggishness issue. 

Thanks for contacting Evernote Support and for reporting this issue.

We're currently aware of this issue and working on a fix that is scheduled to be included in the next release (version 6.11).

Evernote for Windows Desktop version 6.11 is scheduled to be released within the next 1-2 weeks.

Thanks for posting the update.

For me 6.11 is acceptable again after being horribly slow changing notes before.  I still personally feel it should be faster evernote team!   I run the software on multiple systems, all i7 cpus and most of my notes are just a couple of KB in size with no formatting!   

Archived