joesmcl

Web Clipper screenshots in Chromium now just black

I'm using the Chromium browser, Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu , running on Ubuntu 17.10 (64-bit). Since yesterday, when I use the Evernote Web Clipper (  version 6.13.2 ) to save a screenshot, the image is just black. I just tested saving a screenshot using Web Clipper on Firefox 59.0 - Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu - canonical 1.0. That works fine - the screenshot is as expected. I'll reinstall Web Clipper in Chromium and see if that makes any difference. 

Hi.  Just to make life even more interesting for Evernote,  browser developers have their own independent timelines for updates,  which are - for Chrome and Firefox (I believe) - daily.  Evernote devs presumably have a working relationship so they're not completely flat-footed at major changes,  but every so often they don't catch up in time and Bad Things Happen.  As you're a Ubuntu user I don't think you're going to get any support,  but it may alert Evernote faster if you submit a report via the link if you're a subscriber,  or tweet them @Evernotehelps

(We're not Evernote support,  though this Forum is part of the help & support network provided by the company.  We're a (mainly) user-driven forum to comment and suggest fixes and work-arounds from our experience as -for the most part- long-time Evernote users.)