Problem in version 6.10.3.6921

Hi,

I noticed a few problem in version 6.10.3.6921 (306921) that really need to get sorted. First when I click on the snippet of a certain note it takes much longer than in previous version to load and show the note. The second problem is with the icons of an attachments which look bigger (look at the printscreen below). I also noticed that pdf-s are now only able to be shown as attachments, not sure if this is an error or just premium option from now on. It would be nice if you guys sort this problems ASAP.

Thanks and have a nice day! :)

Example.jpg

I had to roll-back to Evernote 6.9.7.6770, after several hours it was driving me crazy, 1 second delay to display each note,  and my searches weren't giving me all the results I expect than the previous version.

2 hours ago, Lemonope said:

I had to roll-back to Evernote 6.9.7.6770, after several hours it was driving me crazy, 1 second delay to display each note,  and my searches weren't giving me all the results I expect than the previous version.

In some strange way it's great to know it is not only me that is having problems with new version. Can You please let me know how You rolled-back to previous version? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, gazumped said:

Hi both  - always good to post comments in the actual release thread where Devs will be paying closer attention...

I flagged this thread there...

Thank You for helping, I hope they fix this.

11 hours ago, Baliza said:

In some strange way it's great to know it is not only me that is having problems with new version. Can You please let me know how You rolled-back to previous version? Thanks in advance.

Thank You for helping, I hope they fix this.

You have to completely uninstall the latest version, then install an earlier version, only downside, you will lose all your settings.

18 hours ago, Lemonope said:

Same here. Nearly one second to open every note.

After updating to 6.10.3.6921, the embedding of PDF documents does not work anymore. If I drop a PDF on an empty note, it will show the + cursor before the drop, but nothing is visible in the note after the drop. The funny thing is that a miniature of the first page of the PDF will show up in notes list as shown in the attached image. This behavior is the same if I open the note on the web version of Evernote.

I have included the info for the note. It shows "1 PDF has not been indexed", which means it did read the PDF.

I did read a comment that the PDF can still be shown in a separate window by choosing the "Always show PDF documents as attachments". This has no effect in my case.

My system is Windows 7 with all updates applied.

Screenshot_Evernote_Bug.jpg

Screenshot_Evernote_Bug2.jpg

On 16. 3. 2018 at 4:46 AM, Lemonope said:

You have to completely uninstall the latest version, then install an earlier version, only downside, you will lose all your settings.

Since nothing has changed in last few days in direction of fixing problems mentioned before, I already uninstaled the latest version, but now I don't know where to find earlier one. Can You please tell me where You got yours?

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, Baliza said:

Can You please tell me where You got yours?

Web search on "filehippo evernote". You can download old versions from the filehippo.com web site...

1 hour ago, jefito said:

Web search on "filehippo evernote". You can download old versions from the filehippo.com web site...

Thanks, but are they trustworthy? And should I be ready to expect any problems in future when updating to newer versions of Evernote (when they fix existing, current problems) if I don't install from official site?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Baliza said:

Thanks, but are they trustworthy? And should I be ready to expect any problems in future when updating to newer versions of Evernote (when they fix existing, current problems) if I don't install from official site?

As far as I know, FileHippo is trustworthy, at least I know that some folks from these forums use it.  Also as far as I know, Evernote doesn't generally offer old versions of their software for download. One other thing: the Evernote installer occasionally leaves behind old versions of the installation executable so you may be able to find one of them somewhere in the area of your Evernote database folder. (Tools / Options / General / Open Database Folder). I don't seem to have any of these in my current installation, though I've seen them in the past.

Ok I rolled back to version 6.9.7.6770 and note loading was at normal speed, the one we are all used to, but other problems I mentioned before did not go away (big and strange attachment icons, horizontal rules not showing). So I just updated to latest version again and now I can only wait and hope they fix this mess soon :/ I can't imagine my normal day without EN but last few days I am forced to do everything without it :(

• Level 5*

Some folks have gone back to 6.7 or 6.5 to get the old PDF viewer, no green add note icon, better editor and the like.  Not saying it's the thing to do, but if it really bothers you....

1 hour ago, CalS said:

Some folks have gone back to 6.7 or 6.5 to get the old PDF viewer, no green add note icon, better editor and the like.  Not saying it's the thing to do, but if if it really bothers you....

Well it's possible I haven't updated since 6.7 (my mistake I did not check the version before updating to 6.10) because the green new note icon is something new to me. About PDF viewer I am not sure what are You talking about, because when I open PDF straight from EV it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader..

Like You said, maybe I need to go further back with versions. Thanks for sugestion.

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, Baliza said:

Well it's possible I haven't updated since 6.7 (my mistake I did not check the version before updating to 6.10) because the green new note icon is something new to me. About PDF viewer I am not sure what are You talking about, because when I open PDF straight from EV it opens with Adobe Acrobat Reader..

Like You said, maybe I need to go further back with versions. Thanks for sugestion.

You are welcome.

Just installed this version guess I'm going to roll back to 6.somethingelse, note render and switching has a flicker and delay that was not there before, and the extra 1 to 2 seconds e takes to open the note is really annoying and a bad sign. Found some notes that display nothing at all, online they are ok as expected, what happens if by mistake I edit the note ? does it update online and effectively deletes the content, too many issues in this update going back...

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Baliza said:

Went back to 6.7.5.5825... works like a charm :) So I guess I'm probably not updating EN anymore...

Well, you might want to keep an eye on the forums to see if the things giving you pause get addressed in a future release.

Just updated to 6.10.3.6921_en-us,  Whenever I try to print, or print preview it goes to the screen that saves the file to a PDF.  Other apps print just fine.

Update: I rebooted and can print now but print preview still takes me to the save PDF file screen.  I go to great lengths to format my song lyrics to fit on a single page.

I have this problem too, however, notes are taking 3-5 seconds to load on average (not the 1 second most are mentioning above), driving me crazy. I'm on a fiber optic LAN connection with a laptop using 16 GB RAM and an SSD drive and the latest i8 processor. It's not my PC. I rebuilt the database and reindexed, but that didn't help.

• Level 5*
On 3/29/2018 at 10:56 AM, Robert Ryanson said:

I have this problem too, however, notes are taking 3-5 seconds to load on average (not the 1 second most are mentioning above), driving me crazy. I'm on a fiber optic LAN connection with a laptop using 16 GB RAM and an SSD drive and the latest i8 processor. It's not my PC. I rebuilt the database and reindexed, but that didn't help.

Seems to be almost fixed, still has an anomaly of sorts but is faster, in the new beta.  You can try it or wait for the GA.

Same exact complaints.  I use Evernote in snippit view and it can take up to 5-seconds for a note to load after I click the snippit.  You guys have really done a poor job of quality control on your code.  This is an OBVIOUS DEFECT that should have been found and fixed during your QA testing.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Brian Stoner said:

Same exact complaints.  I use Evernote in snippit view and it can take up to 5-seconds for a note to load after I click the snippit.  You guys have really done a poor job of quality control on your code.  This is an OBVIOUS DEFECT that should have been found and fixed during your QA testing.

Just WRT "you guys": us guys here :) are fellow users; Evernote staff do look in on the forums from time to time, and occasionally comment. But you're not addressing them directly here.

Whoah, there is definitely an issue with this release! I just got my second BSOD in as many days, and both were triggered when I clicked on a note containing a PDF in EN. I thought the long delay between selecting a note and it loading was just my PC being finicky but I can see now I'm not the only one experiencing this so the EN client is the likely culprit. 

@gazumped, thanks for the info on the release thread. Will be posting there as well!

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, freyja313 said:

@gazumped, thanks for the info on the release thread. Will be posting there as well!

No problem - and there's another option you might like to try now...

• 1 month later...

Archived