Restore pre Mac V7 capability to allow Recent Notes to be hidden in Sidebar

jayelevy

Idea

Prior to version 7, Evernote supported hiding Recent Notes in the sidebar. Version 7 only allows an all or nothing choice with hiding Shortcuts and Recent Notes. Linking those 2 as a single toggle does not make sense. Setting up Shortcuts is an intentional activity. I wouldn't set them if I didn't want to use them. Recent Notes is not the same. I don't want to see them. Ever.

Please restore prior capability.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

I moved the discussion to the Mac forum.

There is a similar request posted Here

In the meantime, is there a reason you're using v7?  You might want to downgrade to a previous version.

@DTLow thanks for the response and the re-direction to the right forum.

To your "why V7?" question... I was instructed by the Evernote support team to install v7 as a fix to another problem. That is, Spotlight failing to index note contents. Instead, only note titles are being indexed. Apparently this is a known issue. They thought v7 might resolve. It did not. FWIW.

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

In the meantime, is there a reason you're using v7?  You might want to downgrade to a previous version.

What a great question. Why would a user install a general availability update that was pushed out to all users? :rolleyes:

• Level 5*
12 hours ago, janstet said:

What a great question. Why would a user install a general availability update that was pushed out to all users? :rolleyes:

Reasons to upgrade

1. There are needed feature changes or fixes.  @jayelevy was trying to resolve a spotlitght search Issue.
  2. Identified bugs will not prevent use of the product.

I'm cautious with installing upgrades, and if I encounter something unworkable, I downgrade to a previous version.

Archived