Annotate PDF Not Working in EN Windows Client

Hi All - 

I am having major problems annotating PDFs - can someone help?

This started today (first time I've tried to annotate a PDF in about a week) - I right-click and choose "annotate this PDF" and it just keeps "thinking" (circular icon keeps spinning). I kept cancelling and trying again, restarting, updated the software, trying on another computer...then I finally let it keep spinning while I walked away for a while. I came back to see this error, attached.

I re-downloaded the PDF from the webs source and re-saved into another note and it still didn't work. I finally clicked "Annotate a copy of this note" and I WAS able to annotate the note and save...however, when I went back to open the annotation window, I got the same error again.

I tried other notes in my notebook - some work and some don't. I can't find a discernible pattern. What could this be?

I'm using Windows 10, just updated to the latest EN Windows client.

By the way, as a side note I really dislike the new PDF viewing interface that rolled out a month or so ago. It's a terrible viewing and usage experience. Navigating in the note and getting to the correct spot in the PDF is like trying to get around in a minefield. Extremely frustrating. 

Anyway, can anyone help me trouble-shoot this annotation issue? Thank you!!

Darren

EN Annotate Error.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived