Your note has been moved to a new address forever

• Level 5*
2 minutes ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

because they have been moved to a new address without my consent.

What does "new address" mean?

Did you accidently create a new account, and add your notes to that account?
It's too easy to add a new account with the login page

"New address" is what Evernote says not in English. I got impression that Evernote moved the users data between servers, so some old notes have become inaccessible after the migration. I have been using Evernote for 3-4 years and can assure you that this problem emerged for Android users only about 2-3 months ago.

I didn't create a new account intentionally, and I am not sure how to check how many accounts I have. I thought I only had one single account. IF you have admin funcs assigned, perhaps you can check by yourself my settings. 

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

"New address" is what Evernote says in Russian.

I didn't create a new account intentionally, and I am not sure how to check how many accounts I have. I thought I only had one single account.

Perhaps it will be clearer if you post a screenshot

>> IF you have admin funcs assigned, perhaps you can check by yourself my settings. 

This is a user discussion forum and we're both users

You can contact Evernote Support at
All Accounts       Twitter @evernotehelps   
Paid Accounts    Contact Evernote Support Twitter @evernotehelps   

• Level 5*
17 minutes ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

This is what the notification looks like

I was wrong; I don't find the issue clearer with the screenshot; I'm language challenged
Perhaps the Russian userbase can help
If you can copy/paste the text into a post, I can get further using Google Translate

Here it goes. Thanks in advance.

навсегда перемещена на новый адрес

Вот несколько советов:
* Убедитесь что у вашего устройства есть сигнал и подключение для передачи данных
* Повторите загрузку веб-страницы позже
* Просмотрите копию веб-страницы, сохраненную в кэше Google

Не удалось загрузить эту заметку

Btw I've tried all the tips, including cleaning the cache (in Android Apps settings)

Google Translation:

permanently moved to a new address

Here are some tips:
* Make sure your device has a signal and data connection
* Please upload the web page later
* View a copy of the web page stored in the Google cache

Could not load this note

On 3/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Jimmy Bionic said:

"New address" is what Evernote says not in English. I got impression that Evernote moved the users data between servers, so some old notes have become inaccessible after the migration. I have been using Evernote for 3-4 years and can assure you that this problem emerged for Android users only about 2-3 months ago.

I didn't create a new account intentionally, and I am not sure how to check how many accounts I have. I thought I only had one single account. IF you have admin funcs assigned, perhaps you can check by yourself my settings. 

I have noticed this  aswell  and I also have been using evernote for many years  it does seem to be only some notes,  and only when viewing on my android device if I edit on my pc some times It fixed the issue but not always.  I am also very frustrated that i can not access evernote chat support.   I have checked 2x during their posted support hours but it has been offline both times.  also I would upgrade to premium if this issue was resolved but since my evernote premium is expired I can not access email support.(and I did not renew because of this issue I figured I would get the service working properly before paying again...) 

Frankly guys, with all due respect, Evernote support su*ks. I've already had the opportunity to deal with it.

I am seriously thinking of giving up and finding an alternative. This forum is no use since every topic ends up with the same advice.

Thank you very much for your attention.

• Level 5*

Sorry that we've not been helpful,  but on a quick Google search,  you seem to be the only person ever to have had this experience.  I've used Evernote for Android for around 8 years and have never seen that message,  or anyone in this forum asking about it outside of this thread.

If you have (or can borrow) access to your account and these notes via a desktop,  you could export the notes/ a notebook to an ENEX file and re-import as new notes,  hopefully sidestepping the 'moved' issue,  or on a note-by-note basis you could move the notes to a different notebook to see whether that will get around it.

If you have already approached the Support team,  can you share what they suggested was the reason for this?  If not,  then it would be worth checking in with them - https://www.evernote.com/SupportLogin.action if you're a subscriber,  Twitter - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps if not. 

...and the reason most comments here end up with that,  is - we are all users like you and sometimes miss the obvious.  Sometimes its just nice to share the blame around.

It'd be more accurate to say that I am the only person who has asked such question, not the only one who has encountered with such problem. But your message is understood. I wish you every luck with your extremely valuable support.

Unfortunately, I don't have an account with Twitter. In fact, why don't you shut this forum at all, given the fact it doesn't provide any support anyway?

The Evernote system is unreliable - that's the only fact that matters to me. I cannot rely on Evernote when I am driving somewhere and urgently need to access some of my notes in order to resolve an issue on the road. I am not saying that I keep in Evernote my credit card numbers, but there may be some notes that are equally important to have on first demand for reference in rather limited number of situations.

I have already installed Google Keep and am giving it a try. Thanks.

• Level 5*
20 minutes ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

In fact, why don't you shut this forum at all, given the fact it doesn't provide any support anyway?

As one of the many users using this forum, I value the ideas and support from the user population.

>>The Evernote system is unreliable

I've been relying on Evernote for years, and hope to continue for the future.

Yes, there are bugs and issues.  Nothing that stops me, and I make sure I do a proper job of backing up my data.

Evernote is my digital filing cabinet for all my documents.  I use encryption to protect my sensitive data (credit card #s,...)

On 3/10/2018 at 2:38 PM, Jimmy Bionic said:

I have noticed this  aswell  and I also have been using evernote for many years  it does seem to be only some notes,  and only when viewing on my android device if I edit on my pc some times It fixed the issue but not always.  I am also very frustrated that i can not access evernote chat support.   I have checked 2x during their posted support hours but it has been offline both times.  also I would upgrade to premium if this issue was resolved but since my evernote premium is expired I can not access email support.(and I did not renew because of this issue I figured I would get the service working properly before paying again...) 

Since you are demonstrating such a superb activity in this thread, implying your willingness to help, I 'd kindly ask you to duplicate the description of the problem that I've encountered to Evernote Support, using your Twitter account :)

The strange thing is that there are seemingly not so many notes in Evernote that I cannot access. All the rest are fine, even the very old ones. Could it be that the issue is present in a few notes because of the way they were typed or saved? For instance, one of such notes includes a table. It is not of a particularly big size, quite the opposite, but still smth that distinguishes it from the rest..Also within this note many symbols are highlighted and multi-colored, which also makes it stand out from the rest. In fact, all of the notes I cannot access use Turkish alphabet, which has a few characters missing in classical Latin. But I also have many other notes with Turkish words that I can access without a hitch

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, Jimmy Bionic said:

Could it be that the issue is present in a few notes because of the way they were typed or saved?

I have something over 40,000 notes of various sizes (a few up to 150MB) and content.  None of them have caused any problem.  Looking back at the translated message,  this looks more like a web address error - the sort of thing you get when trying to open a web page that doesn't exist any more.  What exactly do you do just before you see that warning?  Do you click on a note link,  or a URL you have saved somewhere?  The warning says (I think) that a link has been changed so if you get a new link to that note from the app you should be able to access it normally.

I find the note, then click on it as usual, as with any other note..

I can even share the content of the notes that I couldn't access, so you could check by yourself that they look rather usual. See attached screenshots.

I've decided to remove the notes and made a copy of them. By some reason the copies do not cause such problem, at least till now... 

Scr01.jpg

Scr02.jpg

• Level 5*
41 minutes ago, EKO_0T2 said:

is there anyone that can help with this issue?  it is very frustrating  I have reached out to ever note on facebook they replied to my public post to sent them a message but are ignoring the PM I sent.  

To contact Evernote Support

All Accounts    Twitter @evernotehelps 
Paid Accounts   Contact Evernote Support 

Archived