Option to show note in folder when searching

Rayden

Idea

Hi.

When I am navigating through the results of a search it's very difficult to know where the note is exactly stored. This feature would add an option to go to the note location in a folder.

It's simple, but can help me a lot organising my notes. Often I find that I create similar notes in different folders. Simplicity is key!

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-07 at 10:35 AM, Rayden said:

When I am navigating through the results of a search it's very difficult to know where the note is exactly stored. This feature would add an option to go to the note location in a folder.

It's simple, but can help me a lot organising my notes. Often I find that I create similar notes in different folders. Simplicity is key!

I have script to identify the folder where the note is stored5aa0354b32cf8_ScreenShot2018-03-07at10_53_23.png.c67640dc3fd0e1d080b05cd9f9d3039d.png

Background: On Macs, there's a separate folder for each note; sample displayed in the image to the fight.  
File content.enml contains the code for the note contents

Within Evernote, I use top list view
As per the screenshot below, I'm showing columns for Title, Notebook, Tags, Date

When I'm navigating through the results of a search, it's very easy to identify these attributes

5aa03446a2ca8_ScreenShot2018-03-07at10_47_24.png.007e70df37a46eb0d653a7af49277d8c.png

Hi!
I had the same frustration. But today I found a simple option to see the enclosing folder.
On the Menu bar click on 'Note', and go down to 'See details of note' (or perhaps 'See note details' - I'm translating from Portuguese).
Then a small window appears with details of the note, including the folder it's in.
The keyboard short cut is  ⌘I, which toggles the window on and off.
I'm using Evernote 7.11 on an old Mac with Sierra (10.12)

• Thanks 1