The "I Can't Believe It Still Doesn't..." (or "Still Does") Thread

Y'all, I'm cranky today. I spent the weekend reviewing and cleaning up all 8000 of my notes because I stumbled upon two issues recently: 

1. When I copy images from the Chrome extension I use to do full page screen captures, they haven't been coming into Evernote as images but rather as mystery files. Although the image is visible in the note, EN does NOT recognize it as an image resource. Now this may be the extension's fault rather than EN but I needed to first find and identify all the notes where that was an issue and then fix all those notes anyway. 

2. I found two image notes where the image was lost from the body of the note (i.e., the note was empty) but still showed up in the thumbnail. Thankfully I was able to recover the full size images by copying the notes, syncing and then getting the resource ID from the activity log and accessing it through EN web. But here's the thing. I am a Tax Analyst. Although I can hold my own with some techie things, I am not a "tech" person by trade so figuring all that out was a bit of a ride. Yeah, I could have contacted support but I'm a problem solver and wanted to see if I could figure something out on my own. But...I would have preferred that those notes didn't get broken in the first place. 

In the midst of this endeavor, I noticed that a few notes I have that contain images didn't have any thumbnails because the images are too small to trigger a thumbnail. But I want all my image-containing notes to have thumbnails so I fixed those notes up all purty. Which made me think, and is the point of this post...

I can't believe we still can't select which image appears as the thumbnail of a note. 

I can't believe we still only have ONE color option for highlighting text. 

Those are mine. What's on your Evernote "I can't believe" list? 

Sincerely, 

EN user since 8/15/10 who is currently Plus but would be Premium if they hadn't changed the pricing and has alternated among Basic - Plus - Premium accounts depending on need and price. 

18 hours ago, freyja313 said:

I can't believe we still can't select which image appears as the thumbnail of a note. 

I can't believe we still only have ONE color option for highlighting text. 

These two are really important for me as well. There are feature request posts for these as well which many expressed interest as well. I hope these are coming soon for sure.

Cognitive sciences and research will agree with this request as well. I want certain things to stick out, or color coded for organization. And after all Evernote is big into organizing and recalling information. Therefore, these tools that will help with such should really have been a part of Evernote by now. 

• Level 5
21 hours ago, freyja313 said:

When I copy images from the Chrome extension I use to do full page screen captures, they haven't been coming into Evernote as images but rather as mystery files.

Just on this particular point, Evernote has its own screen-capture capability, at least in the Windows program (I don't know what platform you use). In Windows, it uses a hotkey, which by default is Win+PrintScreen. This brings up a tool to select and grab any portion of the screen, which you then save as a note.

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-06 at 1:13 PM, freyja313 said:

What's on your Evernote "I can't believe" list? 

I've been with Evernote from the beginning
I'm currently at 20k notes at 15GB

My expectation is that Evernote will continue to be my digital filing cabinet; storing and syncing all my documents.  The included editor is adequate for basic notes.
I have no other expectations.

New features are nice to have; but not critical for my use of the product
For example; Evernote does not have to become a word processor - there are plenty of wp apps

To  play along,

• I can't believe the internal note link/anchors are still not supported
  • I can't believe heading styles are still not supported by the editor

Both features are supported by the base html format used by Evernote; the importance may be questionable for basic notes.

Archived