Two-step sorting

drtw

Hi!

Within a specific notebook, is there a way to generally sort by update time AND at the same time to ALWAYS keep favorite notes (eg those that are shortcuts/fast access) on top independent of their update time?

Specifically, I am collecting webpages/pdf etc for a specific topic in one notebook that also includes a master note (with short summaries and links). I want to keep the master note always on top and sort the rest by update time.

Is there a way for such two-step sorting: 1. By favorite; 2. By time ?

I think that would be REALLY helpful !

Thanks!

Thomas

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-06 at 2:49 AM, drtw said:

Within a specific notebook, is there a way to generally sort by update time AND at the same time to ALWAYS keep favorite notes (eg those that are shortcuts/fast access) on top independent of their update time?

There is no Note pinning feature

One work-around is to adjust the note title/dates so the notes automatically sort to the top

• 2 months later...

I had a similar desire and this is what I did. Sort the notebook by preferred method. Then add a undated reminder to "pin" it to the top of the view because the reminders appear there. This has worked great for me. 

It's worth noting that the reminder list doesn't show up in every view and the view I was referring to is snippet view. If this is a view different then what you are use to, you can create a saved search to enforce this view. 

Hope that helps! 

Archived