Alireza7612

Slow Scrolling on mac

Hello Everyone! I have an issue in scrolling my notes on my Mac Application, it does not scroll smoothly and it seems too laggy!

in typing and writing notes everything is great but in scrolling pages and notes and application it's not ok!

I run macOS high sierra and my MacBook has great hardware so it seems it's not a hardware issue.

any suggestion would be appreciated.

• Like 2

Any idea ?!

i don't have any problem with Evernote on web and on my iPhone, this problem is just on my Mac Application.

• Like 1

Me too. Also taking 15 seconds+ to open a card on v 7.1

Also, using multiple tabs seems like an afterthought...can't put cards in tabs?

Well, that's not useful is it?

• Like 1

For me as well. New MacBook Pro 2017 with Intel i7 and 16GB ram, but the scrolling is laggy as hell.

• Like 1

I have two macbooks side by side. A 2011 15" and a 2016 15"

The 2016 has laggy scrolling with images, the 2011 has zero lag 

I'm guessing it has to do with the OS update, the 2011 is on El capitan but with the same version of evernote 7.2

2016 is on High Sierra

• Like 1

I solved the problem. It's an issue with the retina display. if you go to get info on Evernote and select "Open in low resolution" it gets rid of the lag. It shouldn't have to be this way and I'm really not sure what the point of the retina display is if it can't even handle a notebook app with some pictures in it 

Yes!! I have exactly same problem. Laggy scrolling for high config 15'' 2017 MacBook Pro with touch bar, even for those notes with text only content.

On 6/16/2018 at 2:05 AM, blee088 said:

I solved the problem. It's an issue with the retina display. if you go to get info on Evernote and select "Open in low resolution" it gets rid of the lag. It shouldn't have to be this way and I'm really not sure what the point of the retina display is if it can't even handle a notebook app with some pictures in it 

I got your point, at low resolution, it works smoother, but looks really awful, especially on my 5K external screen.

It really affect the experience of quick looking through long notes severly. Hope this can be solved!

Inserting images makes the situation worse.  

I tried to insert 3 iPhone images into a note using Evernote on iPhone, and then open the synced note in Evernote on Mac, I can barely scroll the note (very laggy).  

By the way, I am using external 2560x1600 resolution monitor, not a HiDPI (4K+ monitor).

Have the same issue on both iMac Retina 5k core i5 and macbook pro 2017 core i7. I cannot scroll notes with photos, even low resolutions screenshots, its nightmare!!

Funny, just opened the same note in browser (evernote), super smooth scrolling, so problem in renderer engine in mac app, maybe they converted win app to mac with poor adoption.

I count it as a bug!

Any news on this? It's really annoying that it's so laggy when scrolling.

+1. This problem is extremely annoying. On an iMac Pro no less.