Downgrading Evernote to v6.11.1

Hello,

I am a relatively new Evernote user (about 1 year of actual usage) and this question (or a very similar question) may have been asked before, but I just want to be sure. Would downgrading EverNote to version 6.11.1 cause any significant issues with my Evernote account or contents? I do not use a lot of advanced EverNote features or features added/modified since 6.11.1 (as far as I am aware).

The main reasons for my downgrading are:

1. I am not a fan of the new single Notebook view (i.e. the single column long list).

2. I prefer the UI of 6.11.1 versus the later versions (it feels more consistent with the interface elements (i.e. backgrounds, headers, etc.) and not like icons/etc are too small).

These are mainly personal preferences as I do not generally have any reasons to avoid new features or bug-fixes.

Any insights or input is appreciated.

Please and thanks,

Matt M.

• Level 5*
On 2018-03-04 at 3:36 PM, Matt Micheletti said:

Would downgrading EverNote to version 6.11.1 cause any significant issues with my Evernote account or contents?

There would be no impact to your account or contents (cloud based)

On your Mac, make sure you do a complete downgrade; app, database, ....
The app AppCleaner is recommended for this.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, Matt Micheletti said:

Would downgrading EverNote to version 6.11.1 cause any significant issues with my Evernote account or contents?

No issues with your Notes stored in the Evernote Cloud, but any time you downgrade EN Mac you need to do a clean reinstall.  This is because later versions often use a different database format that may not be compatible with earlier versions.

See How to Completely Remove and Reinstall EN Mac 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the late reply, but I appreciate the feedback and advice. I have successfully downgraded EverNote on my MacBook Air and Pro and am so much happier now. I appreciate the little insights about some of the hidden EverNote install files, but AppCleaner took care of those easily. I made copies of some settings and preferences files just in case, but other than that everything is going good. Thanks again :)

Thanks,

Matt M.

• Level 5*
3 hours ago, Matt Micheletti said:

I have successfully downgraded EverNote on my MacBook Air and Pro and am so much happier now. I

Good for you.  You identified issues and solved them.  I wish more users did the same to help themselves.

Downgrading is easy on Macs; less so in IOS where Apple has us locked into the current version.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to add another voice to this argument. I have been using Evernote since 2013; in fact I'm a professor and have made all my students use it so we can share files. But I casually upgraded yesterday only to learn--to my horror--that the notebook grid, the thing I liked best about Evernote--is gone. Evernote: I hope you didn't pay the person a high salary for destroying the thing that was uniquely best about your product. I am going to follow the path of other users on this mess and try to downgrade. I know this solution won't last forever. In the meantime, Evernote management, please listen to your PAYING customers and bring back the grid view!