"Notes and Notebooks" in Space

Josh the Cat

I find the "Notes and Notebooks" window in Spaces to badly designed.  It really needs more viewing options.  I miss the "card view" which allows me to see a thumbnail of the note and the note itself.  Thumbnails coupled with a view of the note give me the visual cues I need to find notes.  As designed, I don't know if I've found the right note short of opening it.    Having to open a note, (or perhaps two or three) before finding the correct note creates just enough extra steps that eliminates much of the value of Spaces.  I realize that some new users might prefer a more "Dropbox-like" interface, but that defeats one of the main benefits of Evernote- intuitive recall of notes.

• 5 months later...
On 3/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, Josh the Cat said:

I find the "Notes and Notebooks" window in Spaces to badly designed.  It really needs more viewing options.  I miss the "card view" which allows me to see a thumbnail of the note and the note itself.  Thumbnails coupled with a view of the note give me the visual cues I need to find notes.  As designed, I don't know if I've found the right note short of opening it.    Having to open a note, (or perhaps two or three) before finding the correct note creates just enough extra steps that eliminates much of the value of Spaces.  I realize that some new users might prefer a more "Dropbox-like" interface, but that defeats one of the main benefits of Evernote- intuitive recall of notes.

I agree!  I really thought this would be better designed, particularly when using the iPad.  I'm still bummed that Penultimate is not available for Business.  

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, SVHOODS said:

@Josh the Cat , agreed it would be ideal to have additional viewing options in Spaces.  It appears the framework has been lightly placed and now we wait to see what more will be added.  @OMNIZEN  has a great post about what is missing in Spaces: 

Definitely worth the read.

Thanks for the mention and I appreciate you reading! 

Archived