Larger notes freezing/not working/can't edit

Hi, y'all! I've been having issues with some of my bigger notes (it's hard to know how many words/pages we're talking about, but it's a fair amount). I can still read them fine, but when I try to edit them the app grinds to a halt, then tells me it's having problems and that I need to restart the app. 

I can only imagine that this could be because of low memory- I have a very new Android phone, and there's 38% storage space remaining. What worries me is that, when I upgraded my account to the $35-a-year deal, nothing changed at all. I was of course hoping that my app would run more smoothly after paying for more storage space.

Has anybody else had this problem? I've synced my files recently as well, but that didn't seem to help either.

Thank you!! : )

• Like 2

I have also been having this problem.  One specific note that is 57.7KB will not allow me to edit it on my phone.  It freezes and eventually an error message "Evernote isn't responding" appears with the option to Close app, Wait, or Send feedback.  This is happening in the field using 4G data that is reasonably fast and definitely in an area of good reception.  FWIW.... I recall editing notes underground where there was zero cell or WiFi and not seeing this issue.

I was playing around with the note while writing this post forcing it into error mode and tried "Wait".  After waiting about 20 seconds the keyboard popped up and then in about another 5 seconds I was able to edit the note.  This was while on WiFi.  Wait did not do this yesterday.

I've not seen this type of behavior from Evernote before.  I am a Premium subscriber.

Evernote Freezes when typing notes or trying to copy and paste. The entire program is unusable when it freezes. I have tried to reboot and my iPhone and iPad to no avail. I am a Premium member with plenty of space on both my iPhone 7Plus and IPad Air. 

Please help. 

Dr. David A. Smith 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Having same problem with Evernote app freezing on my Android phone. Then I try to access Evernote through on-line Google Chrome web browser, but then I was told that the Android web browser is not supported. (meaning use the Android app....but it's not working! Because  it freezes up and will not allow the cursor or keyboard to function.)  How frustrating. I thought it was bec my phone was android and not Apple, but I see from above postings that it can happen to any brand of smartphone users. So Evernote, please fix. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I'm new to this Forum; I'm an Evernote premium user since years and I have no problems with my Mac, my One Plus 5T Android smartphone and my Acer Chromebook.

Just bought a Samsung Tablet E and when I want to open a lager note I receive the message 'We cannot open the notes on this device. Please use Evernote on your computer to look to the note' (in Dutch language). That's not pretty to read, because I bought this tablet to read the notes on a bigger screen.

Did someone already find the solution? 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello E

On 7/18/2018 at 8:59 AM, DeVosCh said:

I'm new to this Forum; I'm an Evernote premium user since years and I have no problems with my Mac, my One Plus 5T Android smartphone and my Acer Chromebook.

Just bought a Samsung Tablet E and when I want to open a lager note I receive the message 'We cannot open the notes on this device. Please use Evernote on your computer to look to the note' (in Dutch language). That's not pretty to read, because I bought this tablet to read the notes on a bigger screen.

Did someone already find the solution? 

On 7/16/2018 at 11:44 AM, Romanista77 said:

I'm also having this issue...

Frustrating that there hasn't been any response from Evernote..

Hello Evernote C/Services & all Evernote Forum Readers ## Pay attention, 

Ever since,  I upgraded from basic to Evernote Premium,   I have had NUMEROUS Problems,  whenever,  I opened the Evernote App. As,  I began to type, or add more details to exising notes, it Suddenly Freeze. Then a POP UP appears,  saying "Evernote is not responding, Options (1) Close the app.  (2) Wait (3) Send feedback. Finally another,  Pop Up turns up saying,  Processing,  is not responding. And,  the Screen,  Froze,  and,  I cannot,  Close the app.Even turn off,  my phone. After several,  long lasting attempts,  my phone will finally,  shut down. Only then,  will I be able,  to go into some other,  stuff,  when the Phone eventually restart. 

Evernote,  has KNOWN,  this Issue for a long time. This only seem to happen,  in Evernote Premium Edition. It's quite a pain in the ????

Time,  they all get their Act together ?

Then perhaps, "If we should continue with the Premium Edition, " may be there will come a Solution soon. 

• Level 5

For the Premium subscribers: Just another user here, but as far as I know there is no "Premium Edition"; that is, there is no difference in the actual apps used to access the service. We have a much higher upload limit; syncing capability to more than 2 devices at once; the ability to do things like forwarding emails into Evernote, searching for text in PDFs and other attachments, and annotating PDFs; and we have access to customer support. Premium users who are experiencing these freezing issues might want to take advantage of that and contact Evernote support: https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new. (There's also a button for Chat on this page: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us; but it's not available on weekends, apparently.) It's difficult for other users to sort out freeze-ups like this; and the forums are primarily user-to-user; only occasionally does an Evernote staffer comment here.

• 1 year later...

this problem is VERY serious and continues into November 2019 - been happening on all large notes for android phone or tablet since 2018 making the product useless.  Happens on all versions of android and is specific to evernote app.  Other apps work fine - only evernote fails.

• Level 5

Hi, and welcome to the forums. As a fellow user, I can only report that I've never had this happen, not that I particularly know why--other than that I don't create notes that are 57 KB in size, as one user reported. @bmerrow@gmail.com, can you give some more details? Does it happen with random notes, or only particularly big ones? Are there any particular times or places where it's more likely to happen?

• 1 month later...