Continual Syncing and Blinking

The last two releases in the past 3-4 weeks have introduced a new feature/bug that I really dont like. When I am editing a note in the note pane, the same note continually blinks (turns between white and grey) when I'm using it. Most times when I look at the Sync icon, it is indicating that a sync is being performed. The blinking is really distracting!

Yes, same is happening for me on latest update, now running 7.02 on Mac. The current note in snippet view is flashing like a strobe light, it's a horrible distraction. There is another post about this same issue. 

**EDIT: just tested and it does not seem to be sync, blinking starts before syncing for me and continues after sync.

On 01/03/2018 at 8:03 PM, humboldtJessica said:

The last two releases in the past 3-4 weeks have introduced a new feature/bug that I really dont like. When I am editing a note in the note pane, the same note continually blinks (turns between white and grey) when I'm using it. Most times when I look at the Sync icon, it is indicating that a sync is being performed. The blinking is really distracting!

Yes, annoying. Several other topics in this forum cover that problem. I switched from snippet to card view and it's better now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5*
10 minutes ago, humboldtJessica said:

Do you all know if Evernote employees monitor these discussion forums? Or to get this problem addressed, do I need to open a technical support case?

Yes to both questions

But you might want to check out the latest release which included a solution to a flashing issue.

On 4/9/2018 at 9:38 AM, DTLow said:

Yes to both questions

But you might want to check out the latest release which included a solution to a flashing issue.

Thanks for the tip! The Mac App Store still doesn't have 7.1 (it's at 7.0.3) so I had to download it and install it that way. Is there always a lag beteen a GA release and Mac App Store availability?

5 hours ago, humboldtJessica said:

Thanks for the tip! The Mac App Store still doesn't have 7.1 (it's at 7.0.3) so I had to download it and install it that way. Is there always a lag beteen a GA release and Mac App Store availability?

The upgrade to 7.1 is available through AppStore since April 9, at least for me. You might want to check it again.

Archived