Erroneous font size changes in Evernote for Windows

Since one of the latest EN for iOS updates, I regularly experience that notes created and looking perfectly fine on my iPad show on my PC with various font sizes.

This behaviour seems truly erroneous, I can't detect any regularity.5a96753606f12_Screenshot2018-02-2810_18_06.thumb.png.7ca43a57939bd37b986b53f350640058.png

As an example, compare the first bullet-point in note attached: as created on iPad and as synced to Windows.5a967520bd539_2018-02-2810_17_36.thumb.png.b2df8dd8188b2711e7c288beed588de7.png

I don't know whether it's blamed for the update of the iOS version of Evernote, but indeed I got the same situation on macOS.  When I edit a note using "Helvetica Neue" with 14 on the macOS client of Evernote, it would display in a strange way on the iOS client with a much smaller font. When I change it using "Aa Small" on iOS version, it's indeed Helvetica Neue 16 in the macOS client.  I'm not sure it's an issue of macOS client update or iOS version update.  And BTW it seems there's no official way to report a bug, which is a bit of ridiculous.

macOS client version: 7.0.2, iOS client version: 8.3.356604

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, au9ustine said:

I don't know whether it's blamed for the update of the iOS version of Evernote, but indeed I got the same situation on macOS.  When I edit a note using "Helvetica Neue" with 14 on the macOS client of Evernote, it would display in a strange way on the iOS client with a much smaller font. When I change it using "Aa Small" on iOS version, it's indeed Helvetica Neue 16 in the macOS client.  I'm not sure it's an issue of macOS client update or iOS version update.  And BTW it seems there's no official way to report a bug, which is a bit of ridiculous.

macOS client version: 7.0.2, iOS client version: 8.3.356604

Same thing happens between IOS and Windows, font sizes just change.

Bug reporting here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

• 7 months later...

It's because different (erroneous?) interpretation of the default font size in each client/app/OS.

Some notes or lines written in Segoe UI size 10 (default font) in EV Windows are sometimes interpreted as Helvetica Neue 13 or 14 on macOS EV or iOS app. It looks like notes written few months ago assume that Segoe UI 10 = Helvetica Neue 13, but currently for EverNote mac/iOS editor Segoe UI 10 = Helvetica Neue 14.

Therefore, if you update old note with the new text it's mixed size - Helv.N. 13 for old text and Helv.N 14 for the new text.

Moreover, problems continue - if you format something on mac/iOS as Helv.N 14 it's sometime interpreted on Windows as Segoe UI size 11, not 10. However, if you format something explicitly on Win client as Segoe 10 it shows as Helv.N13, but new text is still interpreted as Hel.N 14 - very weird!

BTW: I have the newest version of EV on each platform.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
37 minutes ago, Prof. Frink said:

Hello,

and what is the solution to this problem?

Kind regards

Christoph

The new in beta universal editor I suppose with the more generic font sizing....  

• Like 1
15 hours ago, CalS said:

The new in beta universal editor I suppose with the more generic font sizing....  

Yes, with the new Beta editor you can select a text and reset the font size to default, as on the image below

image.png.f445c05607fb338c421fdb9be0182cc8.png

There is also a "hack" with the old editor.

Export note to the disk -> open it source with an advanced code-editor (e.g. Notepad++) -> remove (replace with a blank space) HTML font size property like "font-size: 10pt;" then save and import the note back to classic Evernote.. 😉

image.png

image.png