Duane

Searching for bookmarks or other clipping types

When using the Web Clipper, there is a "bookmark" option. Once I've clipped a bunch of bookmarks, is there a way to see a list of just those bookmarks, or search just within those bookmarks?

We can search tag:tagname or notebook:notebookname or created:date etc.' but is there a search parameter for clipping type, whether article, simplified article, full page, bookmark, screenshot?

Anticipating a non-ideal answer, I've read that some people just create a tag called "bookmark" or "bookmarks" which I have also done but, if a tag is required to pull these all together, is there any real point to the clipping type? On the flip side, it's cool that I can clip an entire article or page, and still tag it as a bookmark, making for richer searchable content.

But, I digress. Back to the question at and, if anyone would be so kind as to field.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Duane said:

Once I've clipped a bunch of bookmarks, is there a way to see a list of just those bookmarks, or search just within those bookmarks?

Evernote's search options is documented here: https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208313828

There is "source:web.clip" option, but it includes all web clippings
Any deeper breakdown on clipping type would have to be controlled by the user.

>>is there any real point to the clipping type?

imho  Yes; it controls how much content is imported into Evernote
As type bookmark, you get a brief summary of the web page.  Useless if you're trying to copy content from the page

• Like 1