Request: Split Business and Personal Into Stand-Alone Apps and Experiences

asnook

Idea

I understand the motivation for splitting the Personal and Business experiences in Evernote, but the current compromised approach isn't working.

• None of my Applescripts for importing and organizing content work properly anymore because the "wrong" account is often open and Evernote does not currently provide a way to define the account in Applescripts.
  • Using Personal and Business content at the same time is impossible/extremely difficult.
  • Growth and innovation in Business are handcuffed by limitations in Personal (the new Spaces are a small step in Business-specific innovation, but much more is needed).
  • Etc.

I have 6000 Personal notes and run an academic research laboratory entirely through Evernote Business (>5000 notes in our first 4 years). The current compromised approach to splitting Personal and Business just isn't working. Please rip the band-aid off and go with a full split between Personal and Business!

2 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, asnook said:

the "wrong" account is often open and Evernote does not currently provide a way to define the account in Applescripts.

tell application "Evernote" to set theAcctName to (name of current account)
if theAcctName is "*******" then     

Thanks DTLow! I didn’t realize they added that (it’s been a couple of months since I last checked). Quick question: when I “get name of current account” I receive the same result regardless of which account is active, so I’m not sure how to distinguish the two accounts. I set up Business years ago, so my Business and Personal are together under one login account. 

Archived