Search in WEB Interface Not Working

credog

The Web interface does not find search terms like the Mac Interface.  

I have several large PDFs in various folders in Evernote under a stack.  The PDFs have all been converted in Adobe to be text based.  If I search for a specific term (such as the word collector)  that is within several of the PDFs, the Mac Desktop App finds them fine.  When I do the same thing within the Web interface (which I must use most of the time) it does not find them.  It only finds the terms in text docs it seems.  I even limit the search to a specific notebook and it still will not find the search word in the Web interface.  

The main difference I see is that in the desktop application the PDFs automatically render as does simple text documents.  In the Web application the text documents render and the PDFs do not. Just a clickable icon.  Seems however that the searching would not be impacted by this.

I have a paid account.   I should say, when I know which  PDF the term is in and I click on the Icon to open it, I can then search within the PDF and it finds the terms fine.  It just will not find it when I search within Evernote.  

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a similar problem.  First I can't find anything.  Then, if I poke around enough it seems to OCR some stuff, but I still cannot search INSIDE documents on the web interface, only through the app...  It's just an image on the web, text is not selectable.  And the behavior is very inconsistent.  My problem documents are scanned by Shoeboxed.  When I scan I OCR on my desktop and then everything works well.

Archived