can't turn off "recent notes"

Hey! In the new update, which unfortunately automatically updated for me, Recent Notes are now grouped in with Shortcuts in the sidebar and I can't turn them off.

I don't ever want to see Recent Notes, I have a ton of notes so it's completely useless to me, and takes up valuable sidebar space. (Where I do all of my app navigation, which has already been destroyed by the new Notebook layout, also completely useless.)

Is this a bug, or can we really no longer turn off Recent Notes in the sidebar? :(

8 hours ago, caralynnex said:

I don't ever want to see Recent Notes, I have a ton of notes so it's completely useless to me, and takes up valuable sidebar space. (Where I do all of my app navigation, which has already been destroyed by the new Notebook layout, also completely useless.)

Is this a bug, or can we really no longer turn off Recent Notes in the sidebar? :(

Thanks for posting this thread. Hopefully more people will voice their discontent for these design changes that add pointless clutter to the application. 

I agree with the other posts.  I do NOT use Recent Notes, and it takes up valuable space.  I don't think you are accounting for your power users that pay you LOTS of money for useful software (I have 3 paid accounts).  Please give us the option to turn them off and stop trying to make us use the software the way YOU think it should be used, and let us use it the way WE want to use it.  Thanks.

• Level 5*

Request Posted

In the last revision, the recent notes list was moved to the Shortcuts list and we lost the separate disable option.

I posted the request linked below.  To indicate your support, please use the voting buttons in the top left corner of the discussion

• 1 month later...

I am adding on here too.  For work, I have a lot of sensitive notes that are sensitive even by title.  When I am in a meeting either sharing my screen or having someone look over my shoulder, it is a huge risk to have a list of recent titles (e.g. HR conversations, MGMT meeting notes), I have had to turn off all shortcuts to hide the recents and have lost 20% productivity as a result.  I am a loyal subscriber that pays for more (not less) efficiency.  I really need this capability ASAP and suspect that others do as well. 

+1 from a longtime user (registered on the discussion site solely because of this issue)

I had a nice, clean sidebar that never cut off words (horizontally or vertically).  Now its always filled up because 6 rows of random note titles (plus buffer space) are now crammed in there.  They frequently get titles cut off, and cause my sidebar to be so vertically long, that my trash/tags selections get cut off at the bottom.

Pretty annoying that they would force you to populate your sidebar with titles.  Pretty much everything else about the sidebar is (still) customizable.

Please fix this

• 3 months later...

I know I'm a bit late but I was searching for an answer for this exact frustration earlier and couldn't find one. 

Having played around a little, I managed to hide it.

If you right hand click in the side bar (in between recent notes and all notes) it should bring up a list of things you can and cannot hide/unhide.

Hope this helps if it hasn't been solved already!

• 1 month later...

This is exactly what I was looking for and MASSIVELY appreciated.  I had a few close calls in the office, with titles or first lines of notes that I did not want seen (e.g. HR performance conversation notes, BOD minutes, etc.).  Happy as a clam now.

Archived