Recent Notes list in sidebar

ClaudiaV

Idea

17 replies to this idea

On 2/26/2018 at 1:15 PM, ClaudiaV said:

I want to remove the Recent Notes list from my sidebar. I like to keep things very minimal and this is clutter to me. Is it possible to add an option to have it not show up?

A lot of us want to. Please add your vote for the reversal of this "innovation" here:

• Level 5*
24 minutes ago, rmarlow7@mac.com said:

I have been asking for the ability to remove the recent notes from the sidebar for a while now.  EVERNOTE, please listen and allow the users to manage their workflow as they see fit.  We are paying too much to be saddled with this inefficiency.

You're late posting on this issue; it's been resolved with the latest release

I agree with everyone else.  Please allow us to remove recent. It isn't as helpful as the developers apparently think it is.  Don't do what other software companies do, and refuse to listen to the people that pay the bills.  When that happens, we move to other products.

This was a serious enough issue for me to downgrade to the previous version of Evernote. I'll stay with that version until this gets resolved.

I've been a premium member since 2010. This is the first time I've had a problem with an Evernote update.

I love Evernote and use it/train it robustly across all of my teams.  I loved ability to have a few select shortcuts.  I never use recents due to privacy issues, etc.  Unfortunately, relegated to removing entire feature from sidebar. 

Please restore ability to chose using/not using recents. 

Thank you!

Yes, I agree. 

I know this interface change seems like a small detail, but the reason it's troubling is because it forces a change in my workflow without the ability to remove it.

It's my shortcut bar… It wouldn't add any interface complexity to give me the ability to configure which options are on or off.
I hope this isn't indicative of random and unmodifiable interface changes to come...

I would love to have some insight into why this change was made. I assume the Evernote team was solving for some other problem and my preferred workspace was just collateral damage.

I'm with you, ClaudiaV.

This update is driving me crazy. I have my shortcuts set up exactly as I want them; the addition of the 'recent notes' keep pushing access to my notebooks and tags off the bottom of my view.

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, ClaudiaV said:

I want to remove the Recent Notes list from my sidebar. I like to keep things very minimal and this is clutter to me. Is it possible to add an option to have it not show up?

The only option is to disable the shortcut list in the sidebar and only display when required
I also like a minimal clutter free sidebar; here's a screenshot of my setting5a947e6c44b7c_ScreenShot2018-02-26at13_37_37.png.1c404ae010f3cc0b63f60e10c5a9ac9f.png

This change was discussed here

Archived