NIzi

Different colors for highlighting purposes

Idea

Unfortunately, Evernote does not provide us with the option to highlight the text in different colors. Only available one is yellow. As a result, I write in Word, highlight my text in various colors and copy and paste in Evernote. This can be avoided if, Evernote added more color options. I believe it is a piece of cake in the hands of developers. Would take an hour to code it. 

3 replies to this idea

Another simple function or feature, which takes insignificant resources to add, is neglected by the EN team. 

I agree! Evernote has to be perfect if you want to charge the users for "Premium" benefits. Unfortunately, I am not seeing some very basic requested being considered.

About this particular issue, please COPY PDFelement! You open a PDF, go to "select" and "highlight" and you have a kind of toolbar with 5 different colours, and can easily switch from one colour to another without opening new menus or changing settings. They are just there, and that is one more step to perfection.

Also, why people are still requesting for a basic "highlight with a straight line"? Why has Evernote not done that yet? I highlight information on PDFs, and most of the time the highlight tool will correct the line to a straight one, but sometimes my lines are not straight enough, and Evernote doesn't correct the line. I have to Ctrl+Z and try again. That's just ridiculous.

I'm still a Premium user but you are losing me because Evernote is famous and expensive, but doesn't do some basic stuff. My subscription expires in the second semester, but I stopped using Evernote already, which means that I paid for something that I am not using. I wish I had not paid for a Premium subscription.

On 3/14/2018 at 2:30 AM, tiagozt said:

I agree! Evernote has to be perfect if you want to charge the users for "Premium" benefits. Unfortunately, I am not seeing some very basic requested being considered.

About this particular issue, please COPY PDFelement! You open a PDF, go to "select" and "highlight" and you have a kind of toolbar with 5 different colours, and can easily switch from one colour to another without opening new menus or changing settings. They are just there, and that is one more step to perfection.

Also, why people are still requesting for a basic "highlight with a straight line"? Why has Evernote not done that yet? I highlight information on PDFs, and most of the time the highlight tool will correct the line to a straight one, but sometimes my lines are not straight enough, and Evernote doesn't correct the line. I have to Ctrl+Z and try again. That's just ridiculous.

I'm still a Premium user but you are losing me because Evernote is famous and expensive, but doesn't do some basic stuff. My subscription expires in the second semester, but I stopped using Evernote already, which means that I paid for something that I am not using. I wish I had not paid for a Premium subscription.

you can highlight straight in "annotations" by holding Shift and then highlight.

I agree it would be great to have different colors for highlights, it's a nice way to categorise the text. see what Adobe Acrobat Reader has done, it's great and simple.