Tablet user request

RicD

Idea

Many of us work primarily from a tablet, I work from iPad. There are many usability features missing from iOS that makes using Evernote extremely inconvenient.

1. On iOS though we can see our tags, we cannot rename nor delete them.
  2. On iOS there is not a way to export our notes to a .enex 
  3. On iOS there is not a way to import a .enex

Those three missing feature are a tablet user’s Evernote deal breaker. Being able to work around them we must get to a computer. Many road warriors gave up on desktop computers, and as their laptops give up the ghost they are moving to tablets. I know some that gave away their laptops preferring the convenience of a tablet. 

Evernote’s web UI is abysmal, sorely lacking in features. Come-on Evernote, you need to put much more effort for us tablet users. Be aware, Bear and OneNote now have extremely good Evernote .enex import ability.

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, RicD said:

There are many usability features missing from iOS

The discussion has been moved to the iOS forum

Agreed, the desktop clients have the features - the other platforms seem just supplementary

>>On iOS though we can see our tags, we cannot rename nor delete them.IMG_2108.thumb.jpg.a14d125638fe24be5dd04e2d8d3da4a1.jpg

There is Manage Tags in user settings
You can delete tags, but not rename

>>On iOS there is not a way to export our notes to a .enex 

There is a .enex export for single notes in the share menu
Import also works; again for single notes

DFF89DDD-E484-45BF-9532-984F1C189E75.thumb.jpeg.f9f84bdbbb1f14812df7a8eeedcd8224.jpeg.1b583d2aa0bb3107feabbaa94e86f099.jpeg

Hello DTLow,

>On iOS though we can see our tags, we cannot rename nor delete them

There is Manage Tags in user settings
You can delete tags, but not rename

We need to be able to delete, add and rename. Is the lack of that ability a iOS hit, or a Evernote hit?

>>On iOS there is not a way to export our notes to a .enex 

There is a .enex export for single notes in the share menu
Import also works; again for single notes

The important words are “Single notes”. Most folks need to import export many more than single.

We can both agree as good as Evernote is their iOS offering leaves too many features missing.

Very much appreciate you adding to my comments. Thank you.

• Level 5*

3 hours ago, RicD said:

We need to be able to delete, add and rename.

So Manage Tags doesn't do it for you; more like a cruel joke :)

As I pointed out, this page is used for deleting tags.  No add/rename; hierarchy is also missing

Adding Tags is done at the note level; either assigning existing tags or adding new tags

Archived