Evernote desktop app for Windows too slow

Hello, all

I am having this issue with the Evernote desktop app for Windows: It is extremely slow. When I type something the screen delays tens of seconds to refresh showing an hourglass.

Notebook Dell Inspiron 13 5378 new

processor i5 7200 with 8GB of memory and HD SSD 250GB with plenty of free space

Windows 10 home fresh re-installed.

The computer looks to be working regularly with the other apps.

Thanks for any help.

Same here with a gamer like Windows 10 PC. All Evernote optimization done. I am a blogger and cannot write in Evernote at a normal writing speed. Not usable on a daily basis. A real issue. I am investigating different other solutions as this is not acceptable to me for a premium product.

• 1 month later...

I was going to create a new post entitled "Why does Evernote for Windows suck so much?" but found some company for my misery in this thread.

I HATE having to subject myself to the dog's breakfast that is Evernote for Windows. The only reason I have it at all is there are some necessary functions that are only present in the desktop version.

Otherwise, it is not enjoyable to use at all, and frankly shows poorly on the outlook of Evernote altogether. Others are even less patient than me, already giving up and seeking alternate solutions - yep, it's that excruciating a user experience that all the wonderful things that Evernote offers yet is no consolation, is not worth the cruel and unusual punishment that is the Evernote for Windows experience.

What I want to know is, is Evernote going to put up or shut up? Are they going to fix the Windows experience or scrap it? I wish they'd just pick one.

Since my post in this thread I have been in touch with Evernote support and I tested multiple actions they required me to do in order to solve the issue.

None of them really improved the situation. Even dealing with the registry etc. Some expert tests you can do following the request from support.

I must say that the support team has been reactive to my case, they follow up on a daily basis or so, but right now I cannot measure any real improvement.

I do not use Evernote for Windows anymore to write. I switched to a different editor and then do my best to sync everything. This is not convenient at all, but other alternatives are even worse. It’s a pain, and if I was using Evernote for writing only I would switch for a complete new software, OneNote is free and very efficient.

I have other needs covered by Evernote Premium so I keep using it for theses reasons, but really waiting for an issue with Windows.

I've found this topic as I've really noticed a slow down in performance in recent updates (I cant be specific to a version number but over the last month or two at a guess).   Specifically, clicking between notes in the list and waiting for them to appear in the editing window below now takes a second or two.  This is on multiple computers I have evernote installed on.  All are i7 CPU systems and it should be instantaneous!    These are text only notes of a few kb.. I'm not asking the program to render anything complex.

This performance decrease I've noticed recently has really altered my experience of evernote for the worse.    Please assist!

I am facing serious slowness issues in Evernote Desktop too.  Evernote  seems to be updating its local database or syncing as I type into the editor.  There are frequent long pauses before what I type shows up.  This forces me to create my notes outside of Evernote and past it into the Desktop.

So it seems the gods were listening.... the Windows desktop release 6.1.22 just launched is much faster for changing between notes... typing inside of notes i personally didnt have an issue with.

• Level 5*
On 3/31/2018 at 6:56 PM, TC1956 said:

I am facing serious slowness issues in Evernote Desktop too.  Evernote  seems to be updating its local database or syncing as I type into the editor.  There are frequent long pauses before what I type shows up.  This forces me to create my notes outside of Evernote and past it into the Desktop.

What version are you running?

I just updated to 6.11.2 (I think that's it), and the whole interface reverted to how it looked a year or two ago.  And the typing speed has slowed.  Anyone else have this problem?  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but that didn't fix it.  

Archived