When I buy something from EBay or gumtree I want the full ad in evernote

Smotenote

Hi there. One of the things I really want to do with Evernote is save the details of items I buy from EBay or gumtree - the listing reference number ID, listing title, the description, price, seller and all the photos. 

If I try to export / share from eBay app or gumtree app all I get is the title.

Am I missing something obvious or is no one else wanting to capture this kind of thing?

I read a post  about  eBay clippings that have text and thumbnails  and ENML but I’m not even sure they were talking about the same thing that I’m trying to figure out. 

Any help or even a point in the right direction would be awesome. 

• Level 5*

Hi.  Haven't bought from either of those outlets recently,  and I don't know what device you're using - phone / tablet or desktop - but if you're essentially buying from a web page,  then one of the many versions of copying that page should work.  On some devices you'd be able to print it or screenshot it too.  I routinely highlight the usual "thanks for buying xxx" message and clip (on a desktop) the selection.  I'll also add the confirmation and delivery emails as they're received to that (theoretically) I have the complete purchase process history in one note.

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-24 at 3:52 AM, Smotenote said:

Am I missing something obvious or is no one else wanting to capture this kind of thing?

Evernote is capable of storing the information, but it's up to the source what they're willing to share.  Also, the html code sometimes gets mixed up in Evernote's display.

As per @gazumped, screen captures are a guaranteed solution

• Level 5*
On 2/24/2018 at 4:52 AM, Smotenote said:

Hi there. One of the things I really want to do with Evernote is save the details of items I buy from EBay or gumtree - the listing reference number ID, listing title, the description, price, seller and all the photos. 

I read a post  about  eBay clippings that have text and thumbnails  and ENML but I’m not even sure they were talking about the same thing that I’m trying to figure out. 

Any help or even a point in the right direction would be awesome. 

Have you tried the EN Clipper add on for your browser?  May not grab all the images but may give you what you want otherwise.

• Level 5*

For troublesome web pages, or where I just want a subset of what's on the page, I just do copy/paste from the browser into an Evernote note. In Windows anyways, this also includes the URL.

Archived