Recent Notes

JMBTX

Idea

After the most recent update, the sidebar now contains "Recent Notes", can an option be included for a preference to remove this from the side bar if the user wishes? I edit dozens of notes in a session and now my side bar is cluttered with these notes in the middle of my favorites and notebook lists. It's unneeded and overly complicates and clutters the sidebar with dozen of notes.

5 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, JMBTX said:

After the most recent update, the sidebar now contains "Recent Notes", can an option be included for a preference to remove this from the side bar if the user wishes? I edit dozens of notes in a session and now my side bar is cluttered with these notes in the middle of my favorites and notebook lists. It's unneeded and overly complicates and clutters the sidebar with dozen of notes.

Which platform?

On the Mac platform, The Recent Notes was moved to the Shortcut List

Our only option for enable/disable is the entire Sortcut List

For an uncluttered view we also have the option of collapsing the sidebar, just displaying icons; and only displaying the lists when required

This was discussed here

Yes, on the Mac platform.

If I collapse my favorites I lose quick access to the favorite folders I have sent and use often. I shouldn't really have to choose between the two as it's my sidebar should be allowed to choose what I want as a shortcut and what I designate as a favorite. Recent Notes doesn't seem to be a crucial function that needs to be forced into the users sidebar.

• Level 5*

The request has been moved to the Mac forum.

>>If I collapse my favorites I lose quick access to the favorite folders

An extra click would b required to show the Shortcut List

I agree with the OP. I had my shortcuts list set up with my 37 favorite searches, tags, and links. It was the maximum amount that I could have and still have my notebooks expanded and available. With the update, I lost about 5 positions on my sidebar. I really don't want recent notes there; it's precious real estate. A preference to disable 'Recent Notes' would be enthusiastically appreciated.

Also...while we're on the topic of the sidebar... is there any way to disable that new big green plus sign for 'new note' at the top? I'd love to reclaim that space as well. Thanks!

Archived