Tags in spaces and the related notebooks, notes

mystrangeworld

• Level 5*
7 minutes ago, mystrangeworld said:

got it - is available for notes and notebooks in mobile and desktop version but not yet in web version

but not for spaces themselves

Can you provide more details

I see tags as being an attribute applied to Notes

Searches based on tag:aaaa apply across all notebooks; not sure about spaces

indeed found out that you can tag notes and notebooks as before but not whole Spaces

on the other hand having linked notes/notebooks in Spaces would be fine as so you have to copy/move the note/notebook to the specific space

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, mystrangeworld said:

indeed found out that you can tag notes and notebooks as before but not whole Spaces

You cannot tag notebooks in Evernote (unless that's a Business only feature). Tags are applicable to notes only.

• Level 5*

One huge thing for me would be if you could pin tags in a Space, while the tag is still kept where it is in the tag hierarchy.

In that way a tag can both be pinned in two different Spaces at the same time, while still be located in the tag hierarchy.

This would be very helpful if you have a project (the Space) where you want to be reminded of certain relevant tags for that project.

The workaround today is to create a note for a project (and make the note work as a Space) and then add the relevant tags to that note. The problem with that solution is that it's both a hassle to add note links inside that project note to every relevant note for that project, and that a note isn't a good visual presentation of tags and linked notes.

Having a Space work this way would be helpful even if the Space itself wouldn't show up in the results when you are navigating the tag (although that would have been awesome!).

• Level 5*
21 minutes ago, gustavgi said:

The workaround today is to create a note for a project (and make the note work as a Space) and then add the relevant tags to that note.

This is the solution I'm using pre-spaces.  I have a master note in the shared notebook.  

I assign all applicable tags assigned to the note

Within the note, I describe all the tags and searches to be used

Archived