Don't Lie

HEM

Idea

Just wondering where, oh where, to go to set the default folder for clipping from an Android phone.  I see that it is simple to set up - no options needed, I guess.  Well, I'd like to NOT use FirstNotebook for my android saving.  I'd like to use Inbox.  Should be simple but where is the secret button?

Also, the "lie" is that I can select a default notebook.  Seems over-stated but I'm over a half-hour trying to make this thing perform as advertised.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Herschel

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, HEM said:

Just wondering where, oh where, to go to set the default folder for clipping from an Android phone.  I see that it is simple to set up - no options needed, I guess.  Well, I'd like to NOT use FirstNotebook for my android saving.  I'd like to use Inbox.  Should be simple but where is the secret button?

Does this help? https://blog.evernote.com/blog/2015/01/25/clip-web-content-evernote-using-android-ios-devices/ You start the clip, then tap on the Evernote elephant button that appears to set the notebook that you want. Once you've done that, then the clipper should continue to clip to that notebook, until you change it again.

On 2/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, HEM said:

Also, the "lie" is that I can select a default notebook.  Seems over-stated but I'm over a half-hour trying to make this thing perform as advertised.

Not sure what you're saying here: the default notebook is where new notes are created by the Android client (not the web clipper).

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-22 at 9:15 PM, HEM said:

Just wondering where, oh where, to go to set the default folder for clipping from an Android phone. 

There's no setting for default clippings notebook; there's only last notebook used.

I have this set to my generic default notebook(@Inbox), but we can also set a default clipping notebook.  Note the @ prefx so its at the top of the notebook list

I set this the first time and never adjust it; some users don't use a default, and reset it for each clipping

Archived