How to turn off auto-save

jallred

I am losing so much work from the auto-save "feature". I am working on a long document. When auto save kicks in 1 or 3 things happens.

1. Auto save works, but the page goes to the top of the document, so I have to scroll back down and find where I left off. Sometimes this takes long enough that another auto-save kicks in and I get sent back to the top of the document before I find my place.

2. Auto-save kicks in and when I get back to where I am editing I find that all of my work from the previous 10-20 seconds prior to the auto-save did not get saved.

3. It attempts to auto-save, but for some reason it fails and the document goes away except for an error message. When I refresh my browser window a lot of my work is missing.

Also, every time it auto saves it creates a new copy of the document. I have to go through and manually delete all the old copies at least once a day which takes awhile since there are often 50+ copies of the document in the left side bar.

I've considered turning off my internet connection to see if that will stop auto-saving from working, but I kind of need my connection for research.

Does anyone know of a way to fix this issue?

• 10 months later...

Archived