Question: How to merge free account and the newly created account?

panhead

Greetings Evernote Community!

I have been using the free account (unregistered) on my iphone and stored a lot of legal references i need to now merge with the newly created account that's registered to my outlook email address? 

I used my google login for the free account so it would be attached to my gmail account. The reason for making the newly created account with outlook email is because I want to do away with this gmail account.

Thank you in advance.

panhead

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-21 at 5:45 PM, panhead said:

i need to now merge with the newly created account that's registered to my outlook email address? 

You have limited options if you're only using a phone; more options on the Win/Mac device platforms.

The easiest way to make the notes available to both accounts is the use the Shared Notebook feature
There's documentation at https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/208314748-Share-notebooks

Note: Accounts can be accessed on all devices; your account is not registered to your iPhone 

• Level 5*

You can log into the first account using the desktop software and export those notes using the EN export function, then sign into the new account and use the EN import function, if you want all of the notes in one account.

• Level 5*

Hmmn - just bear in mind when using export/ import,  that depending on your account level you will have an upload limit per month that it is a very bad idea to exceed.  If you have a large number of notes it is possible to import all of them into one or more local notebooks,  then move those notes over into synced notebooks in monthly stages so your ongoing use of the account is not impacted by a one-time mass upload.

FAQ for upload limits

How to back up (export) and restore (import) notes and notebooks

What is a local notebook?

Archived