What kind of heading do you use in longer notes?

kthesun

Hello there, 

I'd like to share my Heading types for longer notes. I have experimented quite a lot (among others with pictures, what didn't work out well). 

The requirement of the heading is for me to a) seperate long notes into sections and and b ) have an appealing look. 

What I came up with is this. It's simply Times New Roman with Font-Size 24 and color #2A323D (the Evernote-grey). Below a horizontal line which works quite well as a seperator. As I said, I was testing around a lot and this was at the end of the day the best choice out of convenience and looks. I was wondering what you are using and I am looking for some inspiration! 

Regards

Stephan

Bildschirmfoto 2018-02-18 um 14.28.37.png

• Level 5*
2 hours ago, kthesun said:

I was wondering what you are using and I am looking for some inspiration! 

For me, heading styles are more of a word processing concern; not so much with notes.

HTML has its own standard, and it would be nice if Evernote incorporated it.  We wouldn't even need this discussion.

>>What I came up with is this. It's simply Times New Roman with Font-Size 24

A caution on specifying a font.  You want to make sure it's compatible with the other fonts in your document, and avoid the ransom note effect

I usually just increase the font size and bold/underline

• Level 5*

As @DTLow - I use Evernote to collate and collect information,  not write long notes.  I'll use bold text or a bigger font size to split things up if necessary,  but if I want to write anything with styles I use a word processor.  My notes are rarely long enough (in typed text) to require any more.

My headline is generally font 14, color navy, bold and underline.

Then within the note, I break it into;

Notes: (Bold, followed with a horizontal line)

• Notes about the subject

Then I will have a Reference Files:  section (bold, followed with a horizontal line).

I will save screenshots, files etc. under there

If the it is a living, actionable note then I will have STATUS & NOTES section (bold, font size 20)

In this section, I will start the CTRL + : for time stamping the updates.

I do agree with the appealing look for sure otherwise notes started to look dull and not enjoyable. Like  David Allen says, you need to like the instrument you use. If you are writing things down, use a pen and a notebook that you like. Similarly, with software, I like it to look nice and appealing to me. That's why I use logos, and other things to make it look colorful too.

image.thumb.png.a459bfaba9f2f5fb5c70e8c4ccc910c9.png

Archived