Ability to let external note share links to expire

tombaran

Idea

I am missing an option to automatically stop sharing a shared note (URL link) after some time. The private sharing by URL link is a very strong feature and I use it very often to „send“ some material by e-mail/messaging app to my friends/colleagues/teammates. But I want them to read/download the file (generally once) and I would prefer the link to automatically expire and stop sharing/broadcasting my content. It is a nice way of delivering sensitive content to other people which – sometimes does not rule their own e-mail privacy etc. Yes, I can go back and check every document if the sharing should be still on... but ... really? I have a lot of work to do – I don not want to do — check – something in person what can the system do automatically...

E.g. CloudApp (getcloudapp.com) has solved it by option-rich sharing dialog which is really helpful: http://barys.me/pb32.

Thanks in advance :)
Tomáš

6 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, tombaran said:

Yes, I can go back and check every document if the sharing should be still on

Not a feature I need, but I could set a reminder on the note.

I moved the request to the General Feature Request forum

• Level 5*
10 hours ago, tombaran said:

But I want them to read/download the file (generally once) and I would prefer the link to automatically expire and stop sharing/broadcasting my content.

Agreed. I just set a reminder though for the note and tag it with Sharing so I remember why the reminder is there.

But yeah, I'd love to set sharing links and tell it to automatically expire in x weeks or days.

Archived