Running so slow it is unusable

Past few days, just typing one letter of the alphabet, copying & pasting, etc. freezes & takes anywhere from 3-10 seconds. Have to move on to other software, Evernote is now useless like this.

Don't know if the latest Windows update has anything to do with it or what, but dealing with this is just unacceptable. 

I can't be the only one going through this right now, is there a fix coming soon?

It has been slow for me recently as well however recently I did a "Fix All Notes" and it did speed up some. Try that route. Of course, it is recommended a backup before this operation.

To get to "Secret" Help, you have to hold CTRL then click on HELP menu, that's when you get the additional options.

image.png.c3acab2f756bf3eb8c0566f222fc9108.png

• 3 months later...

Slow Slow Slow for us too, on all of our computers... all up to date, tried suggested fixes.

Almost Every time we click a note it sits there for 5-15 seconds, sometimes more before you can do anything else.

image.png

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue also. Using version 6.11.2.7027. Windows 10 is also up to date. Sometimes it takes 15-30 seconds just to type one word. This is ridiculous! I've seen a lot of people posting with the same problem. Sadly, I've not seen any kind of fix or solution discussed that actually works. 

I'm hoping by adding my voice to this thread, more awareness that this is, in fact, a problem for lots of people will be created.

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, KenTheriot said:

I'm having this issue also. Using version 6.11.2.7027. Windows 10 is also up to date. Sometimes it takes 15-30 seconds just to type one word. This is ridiculous! I've seen a lot of people posting with the same problem. Sadly, I've not seen any kind of fix or solution discussed that actually works. 

I'm hoping by adding my voice to this thread, more awareness that this is, in fact, a problem for lots of people will be created.

The only thing I've been able to do that makes using the windows client tolerable is enable sync on demand. EN uses a SQL LIte database format and it is horrible. It routinely does cleaning which is what you see. It totally locks up the client. 

With sync on demand enabled and if the substantial portion of your notes are not downloaded (just headers, not data) then it works much better. My total data size is 8-9GB, but I have less than 1GB sync'd and performance is tolerable.

I don't know what database they use on the Mac. I love it though. My anemic 2015 Macbook (the one with the mobile processor) with the full database downloaded runs circle around my i7 16GB Surface Pro 4.

I agree that the Mac version is FAR superior for some reason. I use a MacBook Air (~2013) when I'm downstairs. I probably use that more than half the time. Upstairs in the office on the "big" computer, I have Windows. That is where I have problems. I'll check into the sync on demand thing you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Archived