Evernote for Windows 7.0 Requests

zsvnc

Idea

20 replies to this idea

• Level 5*
On 2/19/2018 at 5:13 PM, pgdahl said:

Make a Recent Notes feature and make it a mandatory part of the sidebar. Something you can't get rid off. Surely, this innovation should not only be for Mac users.

This does not need to be mandatory. Optional, okay.

BTW, for a workaround: you can get a list of recent notes (of sorts) by adding the '< >' (Go back / forward in history) toolbar button to the main toolbar. Long-pressing on the '<' will give you a list of recently visited notes.

• Level 5*
5 hours ago, CalS said:

I'm starting to feel special.  All I have know is long press, no matter the press.  :(

Weird. Single-click works for me, though I don't use it, since I prefer the Alt+LeftArrow / Alt+RightArrow keyboard shortcuts.

2 hours ago, DTLow said:

Yet, you're posting a request in a Windows discussion (Recent Notes List)

Yes, Evernote/Mac has a Recent Notes List.  
Yes, it's not a separate list; it's appended to the Shortcuts List.1914194_394412245273_1218913_n.jpg.d2a54571dba4726f72dc49d760c31424.jpg
Yes, there is no separate enable/disapble option; only for the Shortcuts List.

>>This was sarcasm.

Some of us need a sign

I still think it's a useful feature; it's got my vote

You specifically made a feature request in the Mac forums where you are asking to have this feature made optional. Which I whole-heartedly support.

But it is a good idea for Windows? 

• Level 5*
9 hours ago, gazumped said:

On 3/6/2018 at 1:46 PM, jefito said:

Long-pressing on the '<' will give you a list of recently visited notes.

Darn.  Did not know that - or have forgotten that I knew it - s'why I keep coming here...

I'm starting to feel special.  All I have now is long press, no matter the press.  :(

• Level 5*

4 hours ago, pgdahl said:

I don't use Evernote on Windows. But on the latest Mac release Recent Notes is indeed a mandatory feature (unless you disable shortcuts) and a major nuisance. 

Yet, you're posting a request in a Windows discussion (Recent Notes List)

Yes, Evernote/Mac has a Recent Notes List.  
Yes, it's not a separate list; it's appended to the Shortcuts List.1914194_394412245273_1218913_n.jpg.d2a54571dba4726f72dc49d760c31424.jpg
Yes, there is no separate enable/disapble option; only for the Shortcuts List.

>>This was sarcasm.

Some of us need a sign

I still think it's a useful feature; it's got my vote

• Level 5*
15 hours ago, jefito said:

get a list of recent notes (of sorts) by adding the '< >' (Go back / forward in history) toolbar button to the main toolbar

Yup.  Been there,  done that (in Windows) got the t-shirt.

15 hours ago, jefito said:

Long-pressing on the '<' will give you a list of recently visited notes.

Darn.  Did not know that - or have forgotten that I knew it - s'why I keep coming here...

Thankyouverymuch.  ^_^

On 2/19/2018 at 11:41 PM, DTLow said:

A recent notes list is useful as a shortcut to access the notes.

Mandatory? - I'd prefer the display be optional; it's optional on Macs.   
I  like an uncluttered sidebar; I only display lists when I need them

This was sarcasm. And the feature is *not* optional on Macs. But you know that now.

14 hours ago, jefito said:

This was sarcasm. I don't use Evernote on Windows. But on the latest Mac release Recent Notes is indeed a mandatory feature (unless you disable shortcuts) and a major nuiscance. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, jefito said:

BTW, for a workaround: you can get a list of recent notes (of sorts) by adding the '< >' (Go back / forward in history) toolbar button to the main toolbar. Long-pressing on the '<' will give you a list of recently visited notes.

Weird, but I have never been able to click to go back one note.  Everything is like a press and hold.  Alt and the arrows works find, but not a single click.  You aware of any settings for that?

Definitely stability, that would be the first. No changing the contents of the notes, no images disappearing etc.

If those are there, I really would like more customization options such as highlighter colors, changing the colors of the background of the notes especially in the snippet view so that the notes will stick out among others.

One thing I would really love is to be able to "spread" multiple notes in a visual way and review those notes, make connections and work with them. The interface I would vision would be similar to MohioMap or like a Trello/Kanban board. If I could group my notes in a Kanban style board into buckets in a visual way, I think that would open up connections, ideas that one might have not thought of otherwise.

• Level 5*
On 2018-02-19 at 2:13 PM, pgdahl said:

Make a Recent Notes feature and make it a mandatory part of the sidebar

A recent notes list is useful as a shortcut to access the notes.

Mandatory? - I'd prefer the display be optional; it's optional on Macs.   
I  like an uncluttered sidebar; I only display lists when I need them

• Level 5*

1. Do not think about messing up "Scroll left panel into view when item is selected" in options, like throughout v.5...

2. Review comments, like in Word etc.

3. Expandable outlines

4. Clickable in-note links to tags and saved searches

5. Custom meta-data fields, so that you can sort notes by different data

6. More text highlighting colors

7. Option to search a tag through the right click menu of a tag attached to a note (in addition to the current possibility of shift-clicking a tag, which will only further filter)

8. Make "Context" accessible without being forced to scroll to the bottom of a note.

9. Make the search box in "Tags View" use search in the same way as Ctrl+Q and the Tag picker, instead of the slow filtering function.

10. Decent support for pen input.

Simple. Make it bug free and reliably stable. As for the features, they are second priority, but there are endless request for dozen or so features which users have been asking for years now and non have been implemented or responded to by Evernote in their usual fashion. Trying to make the same list and request again feels like Sisyphus impossibly thankless and incredibly frustrating task. 

Archived