Creating new notebook straight from an Inbox note

florin.plesca

Idea

3 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

Hi.  I can't think of a way to automate a new notebook from an incoming note,  but however you're creating or receiving the note could that process not allocate or create a new notebook and place the note directly there?  (If the new note is received via email,  the answer is 'no' because notes can only be created in existing notebooks).

If you do find a way to do this though I'm not sure it's a wise condition to set up - there's a limit of 250 notebooks per account, and you might run into that very quickly with auto-created new notebooks.

• Level 5*
14 hours ago, florin.plesca said:

What about to have the possibility to create a new notebook directly from a note a put in my Inbox?

Further to @gazumped's idea about your method of creating the note; Not an Evernote function, but you can create notebooks/tags using enscript.exe

5a85108f4eafa_ScreenShot2018-02-14at20_45_50.png.cd11fda6b92f8839df703f57ef0da743.png

As pointed out in the other posts; you're  limited to 250 notebooks.  The tag limit is 100,000 and might be a better option

• Level 5*
18 minutes ago, gazumped said:

If you do find a way to do this though I'm not sure it's a wise condition to set up - there's a limit of 250 notebooks per account, and you might run into that very quickly with auto-created new notebooks.

This. You don't want to do this or you'll have it error out in short order unless you only use the product once a month or so.

Archived