No longer can search for specific notes?

This probably sounds basic, but is this happening to anyone else?

I haven't been able to actually search for specific things from all of my notes for a long time, I can only create a search for the content within an individual notes.

I.e. If I'm looking for a note title "Content Distribution" from 2 months ago, I cannot search for that. It will only search for that info in the note that's currently open. 

My colleague just downloaded evernote for the first time and her search works fine. I tried deleting and re-downloading and it didn't work.

Any help is super appreciated, thanks

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, 2na said:

This probably sounds basic, but is this happening to anyone else?

I haven't been able to actually search for specific things from all of my notes for a long time, I can only create a search for the content within an individual notes.

I.e. If I'm looking for a note title "Content Distribution" from 2 months ago, I cannot search for that. It will only search for that info in the note that's currently open. 

My colleague just downloaded evernote for the first time and her search works fine. I tried deleting and re-downloading and it didn't work.

Any help is super appreciated, thanks

Are in All Notes context when you do the search?

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, 2na said:

I haven't been able to actually search for specific things from all of my notes for a long time, I can only create a search for the content within an individual notes

You'll get more specific advice if you identify your platform/device

First time here, have not needed support prior, not even to this website...been using Evernote on Mac for 3+ years, current 6.1.3 on Mac OS Sierra, and search does not work like it use too, for me also.

I have to manually find notes now....searching all notes or just my notes, text in title or body don't come up. Has client search changed, or I have a local issue, and need to re-index? Example text in a note created months ago, I copied to another existing note late last week, and it now shows up in search, but not the original note. Why? 

Thank you in advance, 

On 2/13/2018 at 6:18 PM, ronlewis said:

First time here, have not needed support prior, not even to this website...been using Evernote on Mac for 3+ years, current 6.1.3 on Mac OS Sierra, and search does not work like it use too, for me also.

I have to manually find notes now....searching all notes or just my notes, text in title or body don't come up. Has client search changed, or I have a local issue, and need to re-index? Example text in a note created months ago, I copied to another existing note late last week, and it now shows up in search, but not the original note. Why? 

Thank you in advance, 

I'm having the same problem, Ron. Thanks for clarifying.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, 2na said:

Any idea how to do that? Tried searching "re-index" and "troubleshooting" and haven't found anything.

In my version, I use Option-Help > Troubleshooting > Recreate5a85dbace7705_ScreenShot2018-02-15at11_11_14.png.aff283a1c9e2229bcc1806356061b697.png

I'm on v6.14 Beta

I use Evernote on my Mac and my iOS device (iOS 11). Search works fine on my iOS device but on my Mac, every search term returns "No Results."

However, if I edit a note and then search for a word in the note, even a word that is not newly added, search works for that note. For example, I have a note that contains notes from my trip to Zion National Park. Search for "zion" returns no results. Find the note by scrolling through and change a single word, and now a search for "zion" finds the note. 

MacOS 10.13.3

Evernote 6.13.3

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, rford said:

Search works fine on my iOS device but on my Mac, every search term returns "No Results."

You could try rebuilding your search index

Archived